P. Diddy and Lupe Fiasco Calling Help for Pakistan via Twitter
Rappers Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Lupe Fiasco are urging their fans to back the United Nations' Pakistan aid appeal. The organization has formed the Pakistan NOW group, which consists of celebrities and high profile cultural figures using their star status to raise awareness of the recovery effort in the aftermath of the recent flooding.
The musicians are promoting the cause heavily on their Twitter.com pages, with Combs telling his followers, "Everybody!!! Please Follow Pakistan_Now and help raise awareness about the flood in Pakistan!!! They need us!!"
Lupe Fiasco is calling on his fans to donate $5 to the cause if they can afford to and help spread awareness of the new appeal. In a post on the microblogging site, he writes, "Help in Pakistan_NOW: Text CERF to 90999 to donate $5 to UN foundation. If you can't donate dollars at least donate tweets! It's all about raising awareness Pakistan_Now."
More than 1,500 people have been killed and many more have been left stranded after monsoon rains caused the worst flooding in Pakistan for a century.
More P. Diddy News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris