P. Diddy and Lupe Fiasco Calling Help for Pakistan via Twitter
Rappers Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Lupe Fiasco are urging their fans to back the United Nations' Pakistan aid appeal. The organization has formed the Pakistan NOW group, which consists of celebrities and high profile cultural figures using their star status to raise awareness of the recovery effort in the aftermath of the recent flooding.
The musicians are promoting the cause heavily on their Twitter.com pages, with Combs telling his followers, "Everybody!!! Please Follow Pakistan_Now and help raise awareness about the flood in Pakistan!!! They need us!!"
Lupe Fiasco is calling on his fans to donate $5 to the cause if they can afford to and help spread awareness of the new appeal. In a post on the microblogging site, he writes, "Help in Pakistan_NOW: Text CERF to 90999 to donate $5 to UN foundation. If you can't donate dollars at least donate tweets! It's all about raising awareness Pakistan_Now."
More than 1,500 people have been killed and many more have been left stranded after monsoon rains caused the worst flooding in Pakistan for a century.
More P. Diddy News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie