P. Diddy and Lupe Fiasco Calling Help for Pakistan via Twitter
Rappers Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Lupe Fiasco are urging their fans to back the United Nations' Pakistan aid appeal. The organization has formed the Pakistan NOW group, which consists of celebrities and high profile cultural figures using their star status to raise awareness of the recovery effort in the aftermath of the recent flooding.
The musicians are promoting the cause heavily on their Twitter.com pages, with Combs telling his followers, "Everybody!!! Please Follow Pakistan_Now and help raise awareness about the flood in Pakistan!!! They need us!!"
Lupe Fiasco is calling on his fans to donate $5 to the cause if they can afford to and help spread awareness of the new appeal. In a post on the microblogging site, he writes, "Help in Pakistan_NOW: Text CERF to 90999 to donate $5 to UN foundation. If you can't donate dollars at least donate tweets! It's all about raising awareness Pakistan_Now."
More than 1,500 people have been killed and many more have been left stranded after monsoon rains caused the worst flooding in Pakistan for a century.
More P. Diddy News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift