P. Diddy and Lupe Fiasco Calling Help for Pakistan via Twitter
Rappers Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Lupe Fiasco are urging their fans to back the United Nations' Pakistan aid appeal. The organization has formed the Pakistan NOW group, which consists of celebrities and high profile cultural figures using their star status to raise awareness of the recovery effort in the aftermath of the recent flooding.
The musicians are promoting the cause heavily on their Twitter.com pages, with Combs telling his followers, "Everybody!!! Please Follow Pakistan_Now and help raise awareness about the flood in Pakistan!!! They need us!!"
Lupe Fiasco is calling on his fans to donate $5 to the cause if they can afford to and help spread awareness of the new appeal. In a post on the microblogging site, he writes, "Help in Pakistan_NOW: Text CERF to 90999 to donate $5 to UN foundation. If you can't donate dollars at least donate tweets! It's all about raising awareness Pakistan_Now."
More than 1,500 people have been killed and many more have been left stranded after monsoon rains caused the worst flooding in Pakistan for a century.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences