Videos: Johnny Depp Joins Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder at Protest Concert
Johnny Depp stunned music fans in Arkansas at the weekend, August 28 when he joined punk icon Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder onstage at a protest concert. The movie star musician teamed up with Smith and the Pearl Jam frontman on "Dancing Barefoot" and then returned to the stage for an all-star rendition of "People Have the Power", when he was joined by Ben Harper, Natalie Maines and George Harrison's son Dhani Harrison.
The concert was staged to raise awareness about the plight of the West Memphis Three, three young men who were convicted for murders many believe they didn't commit.
The West Memphis Three have been imprisoned for 17 years for the murder of three young boys. Many cry for retrials or exoneration because the trio's arrests, trials and convictions were marred by improper procedures, misjudgments and lack of evidence.
More Johnny Depp News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media