Videos: Johnny Depp Joins Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder at Protest Concert
Johnny Depp stunned music fans in Arkansas at the weekend, August 28 when he joined punk icon Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder onstage at a protest concert. The movie star musician teamed up with Smith and the Pearl Jam frontman on "Dancing Barefoot" and then returned to the stage for an all-star rendition of "People Have the Power", when he was joined by Ben Harper, Natalie Maines and George Harrison's son Dhani Harrison.
The concert was staged to raise awareness about the plight of the West Memphis Three, three young men who were convicted for murders many believe they didn't commit.
The West Memphis Three have been imprisoned for 17 years for the murder of three young boys. Many cry for retrials or exoneration because the trio's arrests, trials and convictions were marred by improper procedures, misjudgments and lack of evidence.
More Johnny Depp News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?