Videos: Johnny Depp Joins Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder at Protest Concert
Johnny Depp stunned music fans in Arkansas at the weekend, August 28 when he joined punk icon Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder onstage at a protest concert. The movie star musician teamed up with Smith and the Pearl Jam frontman on "Dancing Barefoot" and then returned to the stage for an all-star rendition of "People Have the Power", when he was joined by Ben Harper, Natalie Maines and George Harrison's son Dhani Harrison.
The concert was staged to raise awareness about the plight of the West Memphis Three, three young men who were convicted for murders many believe they didn't commit.
The West Memphis Three have been imprisoned for 17 years for the murder of three young boys. Many cry for retrials or exoneration because the trio's arrests, trials and convictions were marred by improper procedures, misjudgments and lack of evidence.
"People Have the Power":
More Johnny Depp News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'