Videos: Johnny Depp Joins Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder at Protest Concert
Johnny Depp stunned music fans in Arkansas at the weekend, August 28 when he joined punk icon Patti Smith and Eddie Vedder onstage at a protest concert. The movie star musician teamed up with Smith and the Pearl Jam frontman on "Dancing Barefoot" and then returned to the stage for an all-star rendition of "People Have the Power", when he was joined by Ben Harper, Natalie Maines and George Harrison's son Dhani Harrison.
The concert was staged to raise awareness about the plight of the West Memphis Three, three young men who were convicted for murders many believe they didn't commit.
The West Memphis Three have been imprisoned for 17 years for the murder of three young boys. Many cry for retrials or exoneration because the trio's arrests, trials and convictions were marred by improper procedures, misjudgments and lack of evidence.
More Johnny Depp News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'