Defending Iranian Woman, Carla Bruni Is Called a 'Prostitute'
The editors of a leading Iranian newspaper have taken aim at France's First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, suggesting she deserves to die for opposing a death sentence ruling. Tehran daily publication Kayhan has published an attack on the French celebrities who are trying to save the life of an Iranian woman charged with adultery - and the writers of the article have singled out former model Bruni-Sarkozy and actress Isabelle Adjani.
In the piece, the star is referred to as a "prostitute" who "deserves to die". The attack comes just days after the French president's wife published an open letter in support of Sakineh Ashtiani, the woman due to be stoned to death.
The publication also called Bruni-Sarkozy "the singer and decadent actress who managed to break (up) the Sarkozy family." But Ramin Mehmanparast, a foreign ministry spokesman, has since told international reporters that "insulting the officials of other countries and using inappropriate words is not approved of by the Islamic Republic of Iran."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3