Defending Iranian Woman, Carla Bruni Is Called a 'Prostitute'
The editors of a leading Iranian newspaper have taken aim at France's First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, suggesting she deserves to die for opposing a death sentence ruling. Tehran daily publication Kayhan has published an attack on the French celebrities who are trying to save the life of an Iranian woman charged with adultery - and the writers of the article have singled out former model Bruni-Sarkozy and actress Isabelle Adjani.
In the piece, the star is referred to as a "prostitute" who "deserves to die". The attack comes just days after the French president's wife published an open letter in support of Sakineh Ashtiani, the woman due to be stoned to death.
The publication also called Bruni-Sarkozy "the singer and decadent actress who managed to break (up) the Sarkozy family." But Ramin Mehmanparast, a foreign ministry spokesman, has since told international reporters that "insulting the officials of other countries and using inappropriate words is not approved of by the Islamic Republic of Iran."
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017