Michael Douglas Certain He Will Beat Cancer
Michael Douglas has spoken out for the first time about his battle with throat cancer, vowing to overcome the diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
Last week, Douglas' representative issued a statement insisting the actor was "very optimistic" about making a full recovery. And now the Oscar winner has broken his silence in an new interview with People magazine, insisting in one published excerpt: "I'll beat this."
Douglas and his wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, will also discuss how the couple's children Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, have reacted to the news in the magazine's upcoming issue, which will hit shelves on Wednesday, September 1.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'