Michael Douglas Certain He Will Beat Cancer
Michael Douglas has spoken out for the first time about his battle with throat cancer, vowing to overcome the diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
Last week, Douglas' representative issued a statement insisting the actor was "very optimistic" about making a full recovery. And now the Oscar winner has broken his silence in an new interview with People magazine, insisting in one published excerpt: "I'll beat this."
Douglas and his wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, will also discuss how the couple's children Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, have reacted to the news in the magazine's upcoming issue, which will hit shelves on Wednesday, September 1.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?