Michael Douglas Certain He Will Beat Cancer
Michael Douglas has spoken out for the first time about his battle with throat cancer, vowing to overcome the diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
Last week, Douglas' representative issued a statement insisting the actor was "very optimistic" about making a full recovery. And now the Oscar winner has broken his silence in an new interview with People magazine, insisting in one published excerpt: "I'll beat this."
Douglas and his wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, will also discuss how the couple's children Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, have reacted to the news in the magazine's upcoming issue, which will hit shelves on Wednesday, September 1.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom