Michael Douglas Certain He Will Beat Cancer
Michael Douglas has spoken out for the first time about his battle with throat cancer, vowing to overcome the diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
Last week, Douglas' representative issued a statement insisting the actor was "very optimistic" about making a full recovery. And now the Oscar winner has broken his silence in an new interview with People magazine, insisting in one published excerpt: "I'll beat this."
Douglas and his wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, will also discuss how the couple's children Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, have reacted to the news in the magazine's upcoming issue, which will hit shelves on Wednesday, September 1.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed