Michael Douglas Certain He Will Beat Cancer
Michael Douglas has spoken out for the first time about his battle with throat cancer, vowing to overcome the diagnosis. The 65 year old is preparing to undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment after doctors discovered a tumor in his throat.
Last week, Douglas' representative issued a statement insisting the actor was "very optimistic" about making a full recovery. And now the Oscar winner has broken his silence in an new interview with People magazine, insisting in one published excerpt: "I'll beat this."
Douglas and his wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, will also discuss how the couple's children Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, have reacted to the news in the magazine's upcoming issue, which will hit shelves on Wednesday, September 1.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked