Lindsay Lohan, Orlando Bloom and Other Stars Secretly Testify
Stars including Lindsay Lohan, Orlando Bloom, Rachel Bilson and Paris Hilton have all secretly testified against the teenage burglars who are accused of raiding their homes last year.
A string of celebrity homes were targeted by thieves - who became known as the Hollywood Burglar Bunch - in 2009 and five people, three of whom are teenagers, are facing trial in California on felony burglary charges. Now it has been revealed that all four stars testified in secret back in June as part of the ongoing court proceedings.
The grand jury session testimonies, which were unsealed and obtained by the Associated Press, heard how Lohan felt so "violated" and "uncomfortable" after a break-in at her Los Angeles home that she was compelled to move house.
Speaking just weeks before she was sentenced to jail for probation violation, Lohan told the court, "That night I went back to the house, I just felt, to be honest, so violated and uncomfortable that I literally packed as much stuff as I could, because it wasn't about the things that were taken, it was just the fact that someone came into the only private space that I have in my life at this point."
Bilson admitted the burglary left her so scared she couldn't sleep in her bedroom for four weeks: "It took me a while to feel comfortable staying there. I wouldn't sleep in my bedroom for about a month. And I was convinced that I needed to sell my house and get out of there, because I was very scared. But I'm still there."
Other stars to take the stand include Audrina Patridge and Megan Fox's husband Brian Austin Green. Their testimonies led to the indictment of the five suspects, Nicholas Frank Prugo, Rachel Lee, Roy Lopez Jr., Courtney Leigh Ames and Diana Tamayo. All five pleaded not guilty and are due back in court on September 20.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo