Tupac Shakur Movie Will Concentrate on His Final Day
"Training Day" director Antoine Fuqua's much-anticipated movie about Tupac Shakur will concentrate on the rapper's last day. The hip-hop hero was gunned down and killed in Las Vegas in 1996 and the new film will feature flashbacks that link to Shakur's final day on earth.
Production on the film, which was originally planned as a documentary, is expected to begin in November. Fuqua hopes to cast an unknown as Shakur.
Oscar-nominated screenwriters Stephen J. Rivele told Rolling Stone, "He was just beginning to shed that anger and look for a purer voice... He was in the process of changing himself, and entering a new phase of his life. He saw the contradiction between the musical persona of 'Thug Life,' and his essential nature as a gentle, sensitive person. And that was partly responsible for his murder: He was not a gangster, but the people around him were."
More Tupac Shakur News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'