Tupac Shakur Movie Will Concentrate on His Final Day
"Training Day" director Antoine Fuqua's much-anticipated movie about Tupac Shakur will concentrate on the rapper's last day. The hip-hop hero was gunned down and killed in Las Vegas in 1996 and the new film will feature flashbacks that link to Shakur's final day on earth.
Production on the film, which was originally planned as a documentary, is expected to begin in November. Fuqua hopes to cast an unknown as Shakur.
Oscar-nominated screenwriters Stephen J. Rivele told Rolling Stone, "He was just beginning to shed that anger and look for a purer voice... He was in the process of changing himself, and entering a new phase of his life. He saw the contradiction between the musical persona of 'Thug Life,' and his essential nature as a gentle, sensitive person. And that was partly responsible for his murder: He was not a gangster, but the people around him were."
More Tupac Shakur News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier