Tupac Shakur Movie Will Concentrate on His Final Day
"Training Day" director Antoine Fuqua's much-anticipated movie about Tupac Shakur will concentrate on the rapper's last day. The hip-hop hero was gunned down and killed in Las Vegas in 1996 and the new film will feature flashbacks that link to Shakur's final day on earth.
Production on the film, which was originally planned as a documentary, is expected to begin in November. Fuqua hopes to cast an unknown as Shakur.
Oscar-nominated screenwriters Stephen J. Rivele told Rolling Stone, "He was just beginning to shed that anger and look for a purer voice... He was in the process of changing himself, and entering a new phase of his life. He saw the contradiction between the musical persona of 'Thug Life,' and his essential nature as a gentle, sensitive person. And that was partly responsible for his murder: He was not a gangster, but the people around him were."
More Tupac Shakur News
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'