Glenn Close Praises Martin Short as 'Magnificent Actor'
Glenn Close paid tribute to her "Damages" co-star Martin Short at the Emmys on Sunday, August 29, a week after the death of the funnyman's wife Nancy. Short was due to attend the glittery bash, where he was nominated for his Supporting Actor role in the hit show, but he pulled out to mourn for his wife of 30 years, who died on August 21 from natural causes, aged just 58.
Speaking to the press after the ceremony, Close praised the couple's "extraordinary" marriage and hailed Short a "magnificent actor". She told Entertainment Tonight, "He can pull off very, very complex emotions, and he was magnificent (in 'Damages')."
"I loved watching him work. And the fact that he's known as this genius comic made it even better." She adds, "Talking to Marty, which we did a lot on the set, they had an extraordinary marriage. I think 30 years and (it was) a great partnership and friendship on top of everything else."
The Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Emmy went to Aaron Paul for his role in "Breaking Bad".
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'