Glenn Close Praises Martin Short as 'Magnificent Actor'
Glenn Close paid tribute to her "Damages" co-star Martin Short at the Emmys on Sunday, August 29, a week after the death of the funnyman's wife Nancy. Short was due to attend the glittery bash, where he was nominated for his Supporting Actor role in the hit show, but he pulled out to mourn for his wife of 30 years, who died on August 21 from natural causes, aged just 58.
Speaking to the press after the ceremony, Close praised the couple's "extraordinary" marriage and hailed Short a "magnificent actor". She told Entertainment Tonight, "He can pull off very, very complex emotions, and he was magnificent (in 'Damages')."
"I loved watching him work. And the fact that he's known as this genius comic made it even better." She adds, "Talking to Marty, which we did a lot on the set, they had an extraordinary marriage. I think 30 years and (it was) a great partnership and friendship on top of everything else."
The Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Emmy went to Aaron Paul for his role in "Breaking Bad".
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer