Glenn Close Praises Martin Short as 'Magnificent Actor'
Glenn Close paid tribute to her "Damages" co-star Martin Short at the Emmys on Sunday, August 29, a week after the death of the funnyman's wife Nancy. Short was due to attend the glittery bash, where he was nominated for his Supporting Actor role in the hit show, but he pulled out to mourn for his wife of 30 years, who died on August 21 from natural causes, aged just 58.
Speaking to the press after the ceremony, Close praised the couple's "extraordinary" marriage and hailed Short a "magnificent actor". She told Entertainment Tonight, "He can pull off very, very complex emotions, and he was magnificent (in 'Damages')."
"I loved watching him work. And the fact that he's known as this genius comic made it even better." She adds, "Talking to Marty, which we did a lot on the set, they had an extraordinary marriage. I think 30 years and (it was) a great partnership and friendship on top of everything else."
The Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Emmy went to Aaron Paul for his role in "Breaking Bad".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says