Guns N' Roses and RHCP Stars to Pay Tribute to Led Zeppelin's Drummer
Drummers including former Guns N' Roses star Steven Adler and Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith have signed up to take part in a tribute to late Led Zeppelin percussionist John Bonham to mark the 30th anniversary of his death.
Bonham, nicknamed Bonzo, died in 1980 at the age of 32, effectively ending Led Zeppelin's music career - the group disbanded three months after he passed away. He will be remembered at a tribute concert in Los Angeles on September 25 - exactly 30 years after the tragedy - and stars including Adler and Smith, as well as Bonham's son Jason Bonham, will take to the stage to play drums on some of Led Zeppelin's most famous tracks.
The show, titled "Bonzo: The Groove Remains the Same", will take place at the Key Club in Hollywood and will also include performances from former Black Sabbath star Vinny Appice and Scorpions' James Kottak, among others.
Whitesnake drummer Brian Tichy, who co-organized the event, tells Blabbermouth.net, "Not a day goes by where I don't think of John Bonham's snare sound, and it hit me - 'Why isn't there a Bonzo tribute where every drummer gets up... and plays their favorite Zeppelin song?' I thought of all the drummers I know that worship at the altar of John Bonham and being in L.A., there are so many here."
More Led Zeppelin News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding