Lea Michele's Rep Denies 'Glee' Royalty Dispute
A representative for Lea Michele has dismissed rumors of a feud between the actress/singer and "Glee" bosses following reports of a disagreement over royalty payments from the popular music spin-offs.
The musical show has spawned a number of CDs which have dominated the charts in recent months, and reports have surfaced suggesting some of the stars are unhappy with their earnings from the show's partner record label Sony Music.
It follows Michele's co-star Cory Monteith's outburst about money troubles in a recent radio interview. He told Hot 99.5 Washington, D.C.: "I got 400 bucks from it (Glee: The Music, Journey to Regionals) going No. 1. But you know what, that's OK, because if I'm patient, and if this thing does really well, maybe I'll see another 400 bucks."
Monteith's rep has dismissed stories he is planning to sign a deal with a rival label, and a spokesperson for Michele is adamant his client is happy with the set-up, telling New York Post gossip column Page Six, "Lea Michele has always enjoyed working with Sony."
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video