Lea Michele's Rep Denies 'Glee' Royalty Dispute
A representative for Lea Michele has dismissed rumors of a feud between the actress/singer and "Glee" bosses following reports of a disagreement over royalty payments from the popular music spin-offs.
The musical show has spawned a number of CDs which have dominated the charts in recent months, and reports have surfaced suggesting some of the stars are unhappy with their earnings from the show's partner record label Sony Music.
It follows Michele's co-star Cory Monteith's outburst about money troubles in a recent radio interview. He told Hot 99.5 Washington, D.C.: "I got 400 bucks from it (Glee: The Music, Journey to Regionals) going No. 1. But you know what, that's OK, because if I'm patient, and if this thing does really well, maybe I'll see another 400 bucks."
Monteith's rep has dismissed stories he is planning to sign a deal with a rival label, and a spokesperson for Michele is adamant his client is happy with the set-up, telling New York Post gossip column Page Six, "Lea Michele has always enjoyed working with Sony."
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'