Paris Hilton Thanks Fans for Love and Support Following Cocaine Arrest
Paris Hilton has thanked her fans for their support following her arrest on suspicion of possessing cocaine on Friday, August 27. The hotel heiress was taken into custody in Las Vegas after a car she was traveling in was pulled over and cops found a suspicious-looking white powder in her purse. The substance was tested and proven to be cocaine, according to reports.
Hilton's attorney David Chesnoff helped get the star out of jail just hours after her arrest and he spoke out to stop critics jumping to conclusions about the socialite. He said, "This matter will be dealt with in the courts, not in the media, and I encourage people not to rush to judgment until all of the facts have been dealt with in a court of law."
"The Simple Life" star has now reached out to her supporters to thank them for their ongoing well wishes. In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "I'm so thankful to all my fans for all the love and support you are giving me. Thank you all. Love you so much. Love Paris xoxo."
The blonde's thanks came as reports in the U.K. emerged suggesting she told cops the white powder was not hers because the handbag it was found in belonged to someone else. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "This purse in question was a high street brand and by no means up to her high fashion standards. Paris is hoping authorities will see sense and let her off the hook."
In July, Hilton was questioned by cops in South Africa after her pal was suspected of smoking marijuana during the World Cup soccer festivities. Hilton also served time in jail in 2007 on a DUI charge.
More Paris Hilton News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified