Paris Hilton Thanks Fans for Love and Support Following Cocaine Arrest
Paris Hilton has thanked her fans for their support following her arrest on suspicion of possessing cocaine on Friday, August 27. The hotel heiress was taken into custody in Las Vegas after a car she was traveling in was pulled over and cops found a suspicious-looking white powder in her purse. The substance was tested and proven to be cocaine, according to reports.
Hilton's attorney David Chesnoff helped get the star out of jail just hours after her arrest and he spoke out to stop critics jumping to conclusions about the socialite. He said, "This matter will be dealt with in the courts, not in the media, and I encourage people not to rush to judgment until all of the facts have been dealt with in a court of law."
"The Simple Life" star has now reached out to her supporters to thank them for their ongoing well wishes. In a post on her Twitter page, she writes, "I'm so thankful to all my fans for all the love and support you are giving me. Thank you all. Love you so much. Love Paris xoxo."
The blonde's thanks came as reports in the U.K. emerged suggesting she told cops the white powder was not hers because the handbag it was found in belonged to someone else. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "This purse in question was a high street brand and by no means up to her high fashion standards. Paris is hoping authorities will see sense and let her off the hook."
In July, Hilton was questioned by cops in South Africa after her pal was suspected of smoking marijuana during the World Cup soccer festivities. Hilton also served time in jail in 2007 on a DUI charge.
More Paris Hilton News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'