Lionel Richie Still Grieving for Michael Jackson
Lionel Richie is still struggling to come to terms with the death of Michael Jackson. The veteran singer misses his pal "every single solitary day".
Richie enjoyed a long friendship with the "Thriller" hitmaker, who was godfather to his daughter Nicole Richie, and he was devastated when he passed away in 2009. And more than a year after the tragedy, Richie admits he is still grieving the King of Pop.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I think about Michael every single solitary day. If you have ever lost a parent, you'll know that you'll do something and think, 'Oh I'll ring mum and tell her.' Then you remember you can't ring mum. It's the same with Michael. I think of something I want to tell him and then I remember. How can you even comprehend that? It's just too much. He was a big part of my life..."
More Lionel Richie News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction