Erin Brockovich Hit With Tax Problem
The legal clerk Julia Roberts turned into a film heroine in "Erin Brockovich" is in trouble with U.S. authorities after allegedly falling behind on her taxes. Roberts won an Oscar for her portrayal of the single mum-turned-activist in the 2000 movie.
However, the real Brockovich is facing financial woe in the state of California, where the company she personally runs owes more than $2,600 (1,730 pound sterling) in back taxes, reports TMZ.com. According to documents, Erin Brockovich, Inc. owes $2,621 (1,750 pound sterling) in unpaid taxes from 2007 and 2008.
Brockovich still could not be reached for comment, TMZ claims.
Meanwhile, Julia Roberts has been enjoying her time out after finishing her latest movie "Eat, Pray, Love". The drama, also based on true story, was debuted in the U.S. on August 13.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'