Erin Brockovich Hit With Tax Problem
The legal clerk Julia Roberts turned into a film heroine in "Erin Brockovich" is in trouble with U.S. authorities after allegedly falling behind on her taxes. Roberts won an Oscar for her portrayal of the single mum-turned-activist in the 2000 movie.
However, the real Brockovich is facing financial woe in the state of California, where the company she personally runs owes more than $2,600 (1,730 pound sterling) in back taxes, reports TMZ.com. According to documents, Erin Brockovich, Inc. owes $2,621 (1,750 pound sterling) in unpaid taxes from 2007 and 2008.
Brockovich still could not be reached for comment, TMZ claims.
Meanwhile, Julia Roberts has been enjoying her time out after finishing her latest movie "Eat, Pray, Love". The drama, also based on true story, was debuted in the U.S. on August 13.
More Julia Roberts News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival