Erin Brockovich Hit With Tax Problem
The legal clerk Julia Roberts turned into a film heroine in "Erin Brockovich" is in trouble with U.S. authorities after allegedly falling behind on her taxes. Roberts won an Oscar for her portrayal of the single mum-turned-activist in the 2000 movie.
However, the real Brockovich is facing financial woe in the state of California, where the company she personally runs owes more than $2,600 (1,730 pound sterling) in back taxes, reports TMZ.com. According to documents, Erin Brockovich, Inc. owes $2,621 (1,750 pound sterling) in unpaid taxes from 2007 and 2008.
Brockovich still could not be reached for comment, TMZ claims.
Meanwhile, Julia Roberts has been enjoying her time out after finishing her latest movie "Eat, Pray, Love". The drama, also based on true story, was debuted in the U.S. on August 13.
More Julia Roberts News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert