Erin Brockovich Hit With Tax Problem
The legal clerk Julia Roberts turned into a film heroine in "Erin Brockovich" is in trouble with U.S. authorities after allegedly falling behind on her taxes. Roberts won an Oscar for her portrayal of the single mum-turned-activist in the 2000 movie.
However, the real Brockovich is facing financial woe in the state of California, where the company she personally runs owes more than $2,600 (1,730 pound sterling) in back taxes, reports TMZ.com. According to documents, Erin Brockovich, Inc. owes $2,621 (1,750 pound sterling) in unpaid taxes from 2007 and 2008.
Brockovich still could not be reached for comment, TMZ claims.
Meanwhile, Julia Roberts has been enjoying her time out after finishing her latest movie "Eat, Pray, Love". The drama, also based on true story, was debuted in the U.S. on August 13.
More Julia Roberts News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'