Erin Brockovich Hit With Tax Problem
The legal clerk Julia Roberts turned into a film heroine in "Erin Brockovich" is in trouble with U.S. authorities after allegedly falling behind on her taxes. Roberts won an Oscar for her portrayal of the single mum-turned-activist in the 2000 movie.
However, the real Brockovich is facing financial woe in the state of California, where the company she personally runs owes more than $2,600 (1,730 pound sterling) in back taxes, reports TMZ.com. According to documents, Erin Brockovich, Inc. owes $2,621 (1,750 pound sterling) in unpaid taxes from 2007 and 2008.
Brockovich still could not be reached for comment, TMZ claims.
Meanwhile, Julia Roberts has been enjoying her time out after finishing her latest movie "Eat, Pray, Love". The drama, also based on true story, was debuted in the U.S. on August 13.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy