Hit With Tax Demand, 'American Pie' Producer Files for Bankruptcy
"American Pie" producer Warren Zide has filed for bankruptcy after he was hit with a tax demand for more than $500,000. A $518,630 lien was filed against the moviemaker by officials of the state of California at the Los Angeles County Recorder of Deeds on July 14.
It was the latest in a string of financial demands dating back to 1999 for Zide - and on August 18 he filed for bankruptcy, according to The Detroit News. In court papers, the producer listed estimated assets and liabilities between $1 million and $10 million and creditors include the California Franchise Tax Board and America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Zide's $1.69 million house in Santa Monica is also up for sale, according to the documents.
Warren Zide is currently listed among the board of producers for "5nal Destination". The movie, set for August 26, 2011 release, is also produced by Craig Perry.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake