Hit With Tax Demand, 'American Pie' Producer Files for Bankruptcy
"American Pie" producer Warren Zide has filed for bankruptcy after he was hit with a tax demand for more than $500,000. A $518,630 lien was filed against the moviemaker by officials of the state of California at the Los Angeles County Recorder of Deeds on July 14.
It was the latest in a string of financial demands dating back to 1999 for Zide - and on August 18 he filed for bankruptcy, according to The Detroit News. In court papers, the producer listed estimated assets and liabilities between $1 million and $10 million and creditors include the California Franchise Tax Board and America's Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Zide's $1.69 million house in Santa Monica is also up for sale, according to the documents.
Warren Zide is currently listed among the board of producers for "5nal Destination". The movie, set for August 26, 2011 release, is also produced by Craig Perry.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'