Serena Williams Plans Third School in Kenya
Tennis ace Serena Williams is stepping up her charitable efforts in Kenya - she is planning to build a third school for underprivileged children. The 28 year old tennis champion became involved in a school-building mission in Matooni, a three-hour drive from the capital of Nairobi, after she rose to fame - and now she calls the project "the best thing" she's ever done.
She has already built two schools in the area - where civilians don't have access to running water - and Williams has vowed to build another learning establishment by next year. She tells America's Hamptons magazine, "It was the best thing I've ever done. I always said winning all those Grand Slams was a dream, but when I opened my school in Kenya, that was the best feeling in the world because I was helping people who had almost nothing."
More Serena Williams News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour