Video: Sandra Bullock Opened Clinic in New Orleans
Sandra Bullock has marked the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster by helping to open a free medical and dental clinic at a local high school in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Oscar winner joined politicians, educators and school supporters for the ribbon-cutting ceremony at Warren Easton Charter High School on Sunday, August 29.
The free, full-service medical and dental clinic is scheduled to open this autumn. Her appearance coincided with the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, which devastated the coastal regions of Louisiana and Mississippi in 2005.
Bullock previously donated money to help restore Easton, the city's oldest public high school, which was flooded with nine feet (2.7 metres) of water when the storm hit land.
More Sandra Bullock News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son