Video: Sandra Bullock Opened Clinic in New Orleans
Sandra Bullock has marked the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster by helping to open a free medical and dental clinic at a local high school in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Oscar winner joined politicians, educators and school supporters for the ribbon-cutting ceremony at Warren Easton Charter High School on Sunday, August 29.
The free, full-service medical and dental clinic is scheduled to open this autumn. Her appearance coincided with the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, which devastated the coastal regions of Louisiana and Mississippi in 2005.
Bullock previously donated money to help restore Easton, the city's oldest public high school, which was flooded with nine feet (2.7 metres) of water when the storm hit land.
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick