Video: Sandra Bullock Opened Clinic in New Orleans
Sandra Bullock has marked the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster by helping to open a free medical and dental clinic at a local high school in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Oscar winner joined politicians, educators and school supporters for the ribbon-cutting ceremony at Warren Easton Charter High School on Sunday, August 29.
The free, full-service medical and dental clinic is scheduled to open this autumn. Her appearance coincided with the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, which devastated the coastal regions of Louisiana and Mississippi in 2005.
Bullock previously donated money to help restore Easton, the city's oldest public high school, which was flooded with nine feet (2.7 metres) of water when the storm hit land.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'