Video: Sandra Bullock Opened Clinic in New Orleans
Sandra Bullock has marked the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster by helping to open a free medical and dental clinic at a local high school in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Oscar winner joined politicians, educators and school supporters for the ribbon-cutting ceremony at Warren Easton Charter High School on Sunday, August 29.
The free, full-service medical and dental clinic is scheduled to open this autumn. Her appearance coincided with the fifth anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, which devastated the coastal regions of Louisiana and Mississippi in 2005.
Bullock previously donated money to help restore Easton, the city's oldest public high school, which was flooded with nine feet (2.7 metres) of water when the storm hit land.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival