2010 Emmys: Jewel Sings During In Memoriam
Jewel Kilcher led a touching in memoriam tribute at the 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, August 29 night, playing an unrecorded song she wrote for a close friend who recently died of cancer.
The singer took to the stage for an acoustic version of "The Shape of You" as a montage of tributes to stars who recently passed away played in the background. Beloved stars Jimmy Dean, Gary Coleman, Rue McClanahan, Dixie Carter, Lynn Redgrave, Lena Horne and Dennis Hopper were among those included in the Emmy in memoriam segment.
Jewel revealed the song's personal nature during the Emmy pre-show, confessing it would be difficult for her to sing live: "It's a song I wrote for a friend that passed away. It's a personal song and it's not recorded... Hopefully it will have a lot of heart and hopefully people enjoy it. I'm really happy to be able to sing for people who lost a love one. It's a hard song for me to sing."
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos