2010 Emmys: Jewel Sings During In Memoriam
Jewel Kilcher led a touching in memoriam tribute at the 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, August 29 night, playing an unrecorded song she wrote for a close friend who recently died of cancer.
The singer took to the stage for an acoustic version of "The Shape of You" as a montage of tributes to stars who recently passed away played in the background. Beloved stars Jimmy Dean, Gary Coleman, Rue McClanahan, Dixie Carter, Lynn Redgrave, Lena Horne and Dennis Hopper were among those included in the Emmy in memoriam segment.
Jewel revealed the song's personal nature during the Emmy pre-show, confessing it would be difficult for her to sing live: "It's a song I wrote for a friend that passed away. It's a personal song and it's not recorded... Hopefully it will have a lot of heart and hopefully people enjoy it. I'm really happy to be able to sing for people who lost a love one. It's a hard song for me to sing."
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video