2010 Emmys: Jewel Sings During In Memoriam
Jewel Kilcher led a touching in memoriam tribute at the 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, August 29 night, playing an unrecorded song she wrote for a close friend who recently died of cancer.
The singer took to the stage for an acoustic version of "The Shape of You" as a montage of tributes to stars who recently passed away played in the background. Beloved stars Jimmy Dean, Gary Coleman, Rue McClanahan, Dixie Carter, Lynn Redgrave, Lena Horne and Dennis Hopper were among those included in the Emmy in memoriam segment.
Jewel revealed the song's personal nature during the Emmy pre-show, confessing it would be difficult for her to sing live: "It's a song I wrote for a friend that passed away. It's a personal song and it's not recorded... Hopefully it will have a lot of heart and hopefully people enjoy it. I'm really happy to be able to sing for people who lost a love one. It's a hard song for me to sing."
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?