Brooke Shields Broke Her Hand During 'Leap of Faith' Rehearsal
Actress Brooke Shields is nursing a broken hand after injuring herself while preparing to star in a new play. The "Blue Lagoon" star has been sporting a cast over her wrist and last two fingers after slipping while rehearsing for her part in an upcoming Los Angeles stage show.
Shields' spokesperson tells People.com, "Brooke broke her hand during rehearsal for the musical "Leap of Faith". The cast will be off before previews on September 11. It was a minor break and did not affect the production schedule." Opening night for the production, an adaptation of Steve Martin's movie "Leap of Faith", is scheduled to take place on October 3 at the Ahmanson Theatre.
Brooke Shields plays Marva, the small-town woman and single mother who challenges everything he believes in. The other cast are Raul Esparza and Kendra Kassebaum.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special