Brooke Shields Broke Her Hand During 'Leap of Faith' Rehearsal
Actress Brooke Shields is nursing a broken hand after injuring herself while preparing to star in a new play. The "Blue Lagoon" star has been sporting a cast over her wrist and last two fingers after slipping while rehearsing for her part in an upcoming Los Angeles stage show.
Shields' spokesperson tells People.com, "Brooke broke her hand during rehearsal for the musical "Leap of Faith". The cast will be off before previews on September 11. It was a minor break and did not affect the production schedule." Opening night for the production, an adaptation of Steve Martin's movie "Leap of Faith", is scheduled to take place on October 3 at the Ahmanson Theatre.
Brooke Shields plays Marva, the small-town woman and single mother who challenges everything he believes in. The other cast are Raul Esparza and Kendra Kassebaum.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered