Brooke Shields Broke Her Hand During 'Leap of Faith' Rehearsal
Actress Brooke Shields is nursing a broken hand after injuring herself while preparing to star in a new play. The "Blue Lagoon" star has been sporting a cast over her wrist and last two fingers after slipping while rehearsing for her part in an upcoming Los Angeles stage show.
Shields' spokesperson tells People.com, "Brooke broke her hand during rehearsal for the musical "Leap of Faith". The cast will be off before previews on September 11. It was a minor break and did not affect the production schedule." Opening night for the production, an adaptation of Steve Martin's movie "Leap of Faith", is scheduled to take place on October 3 at the Ahmanson Theatre.
Brooke Shields plays Marva, the small-town woman and single mother who challenges everything he believes in. The other cast are Raul Esparza and Kendra Kassebaum.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift