George Michael Checked Himself Into Rehab Shortly After Car Crash
George Michael checked himself into rehab following his car crash in July and has been undergoing drug counseling sessions ever since. The pop superstar was arrested after smashing his Range Rover into a store front near his home in Hampstead, north London.
He appeared in court in the British capital this week and pleaded guilty to possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs. The "Careless Whisper" hitmaker has now revealed he checked himself into a clinic shortly after the incident to undergo a 14-day detox program. He is now receiving outpatient treatment, which includes drug counseling "several times a week".
The 47 year old broke the news in an open letter to fans posted on his official website, thanking them for their well-wishes and expressing his determination to turn his life around. He writes, "I want to thank you all sincerely, and also to reassure those of you who worry so much for me. I fully appreciate the seriousness of my current situation, for which I truly apologies."
"I feel you should know that on the day after the incident I checked in to a clinic for a 14 day detox program here in London, which has been followed by ongoing outpatient drug counseling several times a week. Personal problems which I had tried to deal with myself had clearly got the better of me, and I am sorry that my pride has prevented me from seeking help before now."
"I would also like to express my thanks to those whose discretion allowed me to begin this process in private, which has helped me greatly."
Michael is due back in court in September to hear his sentence. The judge overseeing the case has told the singer he is facing a possible prison sentence.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3