Emily Blunt's Politician Uncle Announces He's Gay
Emily Blunt's politician uncle is at the center of controversy in Britain after leaving his wife of 20 years and announcing he is gay. Crispin Blunt is a Member of Parliament (MP) for the Conservative Party and also holds the post of Parliamentary Under-Secretary at the Ministry of Justice.
But he has stunned his parliamentary peers and hit headlines across the U.K. with the revelations that his longtime marriage to his wife Victoria is over as he comes "to terms with his homosexuality".
A statement from Blunt's office reads, "There is no third party involvement but this is difficult for his immediate and wider family and he hopes for understanding and support from them." British Prime Minister David Cameron has insisted he still has "full confidence" in Blunt, who will continue his official duties.
More Emily Blunt News
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion