Emily Blunt's Politician Uncle Announces He's Gay
Emily Blunt's politician uncle is at the center of controversy in Britain after leaving his wife of 20 years and announcing he is gay. Crispin Blunt is a Member of Parliament (MP) for the Conservative Party and also holds the post of Parliamentary Under-Secretary at the Ministry of Justice.
But he has stunned his parliamentary peers and hit headlines across the U.K. with the revelations that his longtime marriage to his wife Victoria is over as he comes "to terms with his homosexuality".
A statement from Blunt's office reads, "There is no third party involvement but this is difficult for his immediate and wider family and he hopes for understanding and support from them." British Prime Minister David Cameron has insisted he still has "full confidence" in Blunt, who will continue his official duties.
More Emily Blunt News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman