Emily Blunt's Politician Uncle Announces He's Gay
Emily Blunt's politician uncle is at the center of controversy in Britain after leaving his wife of 20 years and announcing he is gay. Crispin Blunt is a Member of Parliament (MP) for the Conservative Party and also holds the post of Parliamentary Under-Secretary at the Ministry of Justice.
But he has stunned his parliamentary peers and hit headlines across the U.K. with the revelations that his longtime marriage to his wife Victoria is over as he comes "to terms with his homosexuality".
A statement from Blunt's office reads, "There is no third party involvement but this is difficult for his immediate and wider family and he hopes for understanding and support from them." British Prime Minister David Cameron has insisted he still has "full confidence" in Blunt, who will continue his official duties.
More Emily Blunt News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik