Wrestling Star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon Found Dead at Her Mother's Home
Canadian-born world wrestling star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon has died at the age of 48. Vachon, who gained notoriety as a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar from 1993 to 2000, was found dead at her mother's home in Florida on Friday morning, August 27.
The tragedy comes just two weeks after a fire destroyed her home and wrestling memorabilia, reports CanoeCanada. Her cause of death had not been reported as WENN went to press.
"World Wrestling Entertainment has been made aware of the passing of Gertrude (Luna) Vachon. WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Vachon family," WWE said in a statement, as quoted by FOX Sports. "Ms. Vachon was under contract with WWE at various times from 1993 through 2000, and performed under the name 'Luna' Vachon. She last performed for WWE in early 2000."
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance