Wrestling Star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon Found Dead at Her Mother's Home
Canadian-born world wrestling star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon has died at the age of 48. Vachon, who gained notoriety as a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar from 1993 to 2000, was found dead at her mother's home in Florida on Friday morning, August 27.
The tragedy comes just two weeks after a fire destroyed her home and wrestling memorabilia, reports CanoeCanada. Her cause of death had not been reported as WENN went to press.
"World Wrestling Entertainment has been made aware of the passing of Gertrude (Luna) Vachon. WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Vachon family," WWE said in a statement, as quoted by FOX Sports. "Ms. Vachon was under contract with WWE at various times from 1993 through 2000, and performed under the name 'Luna' Vachon. She last performed for WWE in early 2000."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce