Wrestling Star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon Found Dead at Her Mother's Home
Canadian-born world wrestling star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon has died at the age of 48. Vachon, who gained notoriety as a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar from 1993 to 2000, was found dead at her mother's home in Florida on Friday morning, August 27.
The tragedy comes just two weeks after a fire destroyed her home and wrestling memorabilia, reports CanoeCanada. Her cause of death had not been reported as WENN went to press.
"World Wrestling Entertainment has been made aware of the passing of Gertrude (Luna) Vachon. WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Vachon family," WWE said in a statement, as quoted by FOX Sports. "Ms. Vachon was under contract with WWE at various times from 1993 through 2000, and performed under the name 'Luna' Vachon. She last performed for WWE in early 2000."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation