Wrestling Star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon Found Dead at Her Mother's Home
Canadian-born world wrestling star Gertrude 'Luna' Vachon has died at the age of 48. Vachon, who gained notoriety as a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar from 1993 to 2000, was found dead at her mother's home in Florida on Friday morning, August 27.
The tragedy comes just two weeks after a fire destroyed her home and wrestling memorabilia, reports CanoeCanada. Her cause of death had not been reported as WENN went to press.
"World Wrestling Entertainment has been made aware of the passing of Gertrude (Luna) Vachon. WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Vachon family," WWE said in a statement, as quoted by FOX Sports. "Ms. Vachon was under contract with WWE at various times from 1993 through 2000, and performed under the name 'Luna' Vachon. She last performed for WWE in early 2000."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake