Oprah Winfrey Plans to Host Her Show Final Episode in Open-Air Football Stadium
Talk show titan Oprah Winfrey wants to host the final episode of her long-running show in a huge open-air football stadium. The mogul is planning a star-studded finale in September 2011 when "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will end its 25 years run on U.S. TV.
And she has hinted she wants to move the production from her Chicago, Illinois studio to the city's 61,500 capacity Solder Field, the home of the Chicago Bears football team, in a bid to pack in a bigger audience.
But Winfrey has admitted the notoriously unpredictable climate in Chicago could scupper plans for an open-air finale, telling TV Guide "I don't know if that's going to happen. You can never count on Chicago weather."
The star is stepping down from her syndicated talk show to run the Oprah Winfrey Network.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release