Oprah Winfrey Plans to Host Her Show Final Episode in Open-Air Football Stadium
Talk show titan Oprah Winfrey wants to host the final episode of her long-running show in a huge open-air football stadium. The mogul is planning a star-studded finale in September 2011 when "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will end its 25 years run on U.S. TV.
And she has hinted she wants to move the production from her Chicago, Illinois studio to the city's 61,500 capacity Solder Field, the home of the Chicago Bears football team, in a bid to pack in a bigger audience.
But Winfrey has admitted the notoriously unpredictable climate in Chicago could scupper plans for an open-air finale, telling TV Guide "I don't know if that's going to happen. You can never count on Chicago weather."
The star is stepping down from her syndicated talk show to run the Oprah Winfrey Network.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport