Whoopi Goldberg Quits 'Sister Act' Due to Mom's Health Scare
Whoopi Goldberg has quit the London theater production of "Sister Act" and flown back to the U.S. after discovering her mother has suffered a stroke. The actress - who starred in the 1992 movie that inspired the West End musical - was due to headline the show until the end of August.
But the 54 year old brought short her run on Friday, August 27 to make a transatlantic dash to visit her ailing mum Emma in hospital. A statement from the show's producers reads, "The thoughts and sincere best wishes of the producers and the entire 'Sister Act' company are with her at this difficult time."
Goldberg is also producing "Sister Act", which is due to open on Broadway in 2011.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance