Whoopi Goldberg Quits 'Sister Act' Due to Mom's Health Scare
Whoopi Goldberg has quit the London theater production of "Sister Act" and flown back to the U.S. after discovering her mother has suffered a stroke. The actress - who starred in the 1992 movie that inspired the West End musical - was due to headline the show until the end of August.
But the 54 year old brought short her run on Friday, August 27 to make a transatlantic dash to visit her ailing mum Emma in hospital. A statement from the show's producers reads, "The thoughts and sincere best wishes of the producers and the entire 'Sister Act' company are with her at this difficult time."
Goldberg is also producing "Sister Act", which is due to open on Broadway in 2011.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'