Whoopi Goldberg Quits 'Sister Act' Due to Mom's Health Scare
Whoopi Goldberg has quit the London theater production of "Sister Act" and flown back to the U.S. after discovering her mother has suffered a stroke. The actress - who starred in the 1992 movie that inspired the West End musical - was due to headline the show until the end of August.
But the 54 year old brought short her run on Friday, August 27 to make a transatlantic dash to visit her ailing mum Emma in hospital. A statement from the show's producers reads, "The thoughts and sincere best wishes of the producers and the entire 'Sister Act' company are with her at this difficult time."
Goldberg is also producing "Sister Act", which is due to open on Broadway in 2011.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer