Whoopi Goldberg Quits 'Sister Act' Due to Mom's Health Scare
Whoopi Goldberg has quit the London theater production of "Sister Act" and flown back to the U.S. after discovering her mother has suffered a stroke. The actress - who starred in the 1992 movie that inspired the West End musical - was due to headline the show until the end of August.
But the 54 year old brought short her run on Friday, August 27 to make a transatlantic dash to visit her ailing mum Emma in hospital. A statement from the show's producers reads, "The thoughts and sincere best wishes of the producers and the entire 'Sister Act' company are with her at this difficult time."
Goldberg is also producing "Sister Act", which is due to open on Broadway in 2011.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie