Whoopi Goldberg Quits 'Sister Act' Due to Mom's Health Scare
Whoopi Goldberg has quit the London theater production of "Sister Act" and flown back to the U.S. after discovering her mother has suffered a stroke. The actress - who starred in the 1992 movie that inspired the West End musical - was due to headline the show until the end of August.
But the 54 year old brought short her run on Friday, August 27 to make a transatlantic dash to visit her ailing mum Emma in hospital. A statement from the show's producers reads, "The thoughts and sincere best wishes of the producers and the entire 'Sister Act' company are with her at this difficult time."
Goldberg is also producing "Sister Act", which is due to open on Broadway in 2011.
More Whoopi Goldberg News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story