Yoko Ono to Celebrate John Lennon's 70th Birthday
Yoko Ono is planning a special tribute gig in Iceland to mark what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday in October. The Beatles legend, who was shot and killed in New York City in 1980, would have celebrated the milestone on October 9 and his widow is planning a series of events to mark the occasion.
Ono will present the Lennon Ono Grant for Peace award, which was created in 2002, to four key figures for their contribution to world harmony, and after the ceremony she will light the Imagine Peace Tower illuminated memorial, located on an island close to the Icelandic capital of Reykjavik.
The artist/campaigner will then play a special concert with the Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce