Yoko Ono to Celebrate John Lennon's 70th Birthday
Yoko Ono is planning a special tribute gig in Iceland to mark what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday in October. The Beatles legend, who was shot and killed in New York City in 1980, would have celebrated the milestone on October 9 and his widow is planning a series of events to mark the occasion.
Ono will present the Lennon Ono Grant for Peace award, which was created in 2002, to four key figures for their contribution to world harmony, and after the ceremony she will light the Imagine Peace Tower illuminated memorial, located on an island close to the Icelandic capital of Reykjavik.
The artist/campaigner will then play a special concert with the Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band.
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club