Yoko Ono to Celebrate John Lennon's 70th Birthday
Yoko Ono is planning a special tribute gig in Iceland to mark what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday in October. The Beatles legend, who was shot and killed in New York City in 1980, would have celebrated the milestone on October 9 and his widow is planning a series of events to mark the occasion.
Ono will present the Lennon Ono Grant for Peace award, which was created in 2002, to four key figures for their contribution to world harmony, and after the ceremony she will light the Imagine Peace Tower illuminated memorial, located on an island close to the Icelandic capital of Reykjavik.
The artist/campaigner will then play a special concert with the Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band.
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci