Blue's Lee Ryan Cleared Off Assault Charges
Blue star Lee Ryan has been cleared over allegations he attacked his former fiancee - his ex-partner has withdrawn her complaint against the singer. The boyband star was arrested last week amid accusations he punched Samantha Miller in the face during a drive through central London.
Miller, the mother of Ryan's young son Rayn, is said to have called police after the incident and the star was detained when he refused to submit himself for questioning. Ryan, who denied the accusation, appeared at London's City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday, August 27, where the assault charge was read and then dismissed, with prosecutor Laura Tams referring to a statement from Miller which had been handed to the court.
Tams told the hearing, "I have this morning been handed a withdrawal statement dated 25 August signed by Samantha Miller. Having taken further instructions there is no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. I ask the court therefore to withdraw the charge."
Ryan's lawyer Raymond Lewis told the court the pair had been in an "unhappy and volatile relationship... up until last week" and a string of complaints had been made to police over the years, but none had ever warranted prosecution. He said, "Over the last couple of years, complaints have been made on six occasions, in Oxfordshire, London, Paddington Green and Belgravia. None of these matters have ever proceeded to court."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked