Kanye West and Suge Knight Mediation Failed
A mediation session aimed at resolving a lengthy legal battle between Kanye West and Suge Knight has failed - neither side could reach an agreement in the ongoing case. The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005.
Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue. A mediation hearing was held in Miami, Florida on Thursday, August 26 in a bid to resolve the lawsuit, with West taking part in the session via telephone.
But Knight's attorney, Marc Brumer, tells the Associated Press that no agreement was finalized and the case will now more than likely go to trial. The music mogul is seeking more than $1 million in damages from West.
More Kanye West News
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty