Kanye West and Suge Knight Mediation Failed
A mediation session aimed at resolving a lengthy legal battle between Kanye West and Suge Knight has failed - neither side could reach an agreement in the ongoing case. The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005.
Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue. A mediation hearing was held in Miami, Florida on Thursday, August 26 in a bid to resolve the lawsuit, with West taking part in the session via telephone.
But Knight's attorney, Marc Brumer, tells the Associated Press that no agreement was finalized and the case will now more than likely go to trial. The music mogul is seeking more than $1 million in damages from West.
More Kanye West News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna