Kanye West and Suge Knight Mediation Failed
A mediation session aimed at resolving a lengthy legal battle between Kanye West and Suge Knight has failed - neither side could reach an agreement in the ongoing case. The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005.
Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue. A mediation hearing was held in Miami, Florida on Thursday, August 26 in a bid to resolve the lawsuit, with West taking part in the session via telephone.
But Knight's attorney, Marc Brumer, tells the Associated Press that no agreement was finalized and the case will now more than likely go to trial. The music mogul is seeking more than $1 million in damages from West.
More Kanye West News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...