Kanye West and Suge Knight Mediation Failed
A mediation session aimed at resolving a lengthy legal battle between Kanye West and Suge Knight has failed - neither side could reach an agreement in the ongoing case. The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005.
Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue. A mediation hearing was held in Miami, Florida on Thursday, August 26 in a bid to resolve the lawsuit, with West taking part in the session via telephone.
But Knight's attorney, Marc Brumer, tells the Associated Press that no agreement was finalized and the case will now more than likely go to trial. The music mogul is seeking more than $1 million in damages from West.
More Kanye West News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival