Kanye West and Suge Knight Mediation Failed
A mediation session aimed at resolving a lengthy legal battle between Kanye West and Suge Knight has failed - neither side could reach an agreement in the ongoing case. The "Stronger" hitmaker is embroiled in a long-running dispute with the hip-hop mogul, who sued West over claims he was shot and robbed at a party hosted by the rapper in Miami, Florida in 2005.
Knight alleges the star should have provided better security checks to stop a gun being smuggled into the venue. A mediation hearing was held in Miami, Florida on Thursday, August 26 in a bid to resolve the lawsuit, with West taking part in the session via telephone.
But Knight's attorney, Marc Brumer, tells the Associated Press that no agreement was finalized and the case will now more than likely go to trial. The music mogul is seeking more than $1 million in damages from West.
More Kanye West News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting