Larry Flynt Faces AIDS Activists in the Use of Condom
Hustler magazine boss Larry Flynt is facing a battle with anti-AIDS campaigners who have filed a workplace safety complaint against the porn mogul, accusing him of failing to provide a safe environment for his sex stars.
Activists from the AIDS Health Foundation claim the publisher should encourage adult porn stars to use condoms. As part of the grievance, filed with the Division of Occupational Safety and Health in Los Angeles, campaigners delivered 100 of Flynt's DVDs in a bid to demonstrate that only one scene out of all the movies showed a star using protection.
The complaint claims the movies "clearly demonstrate workplace activities highly likely to spread bloodborne pathogens in the workplace", reports the Associated Press. But Larry Flynt Productions President, Michael Klein, insists porn viewers don't want to see condoms in the films, saying in a statement, "We won't budge when it comes to condomless productions. That's what the consumer wants, and we deliver it."
The complaint is now being looked into.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce