Larry Flynt Faces AIDS Activists in the Use of Condom
Hustler magazine boss Larry Flynt is facing a battle with anti-AIDS campaigners who have filed a workplace safety complaint against the porn mogul, accusing him of failing to provide a safe environment for his sex stars.
Activists from the AIDS Health Foundation claim the publisher should encourage adult porn stars to use condoms. As part of the grievance, filed with the Division of Occupational Safety and Health in Los Angeles, campaigners delivered 100 of Flynt's DVDs in a bid to demonstrate that only one scene out of all the movies showed a star using protection.
The complaint claims the movies "clearly demonstrate workplace activities highly likely to spread bloodborne pathogens in the workplace", reports the Associated Press. But Larry Flynt Productions President, Michael Klein, insists porn viewers don't want to see condoms in the films, saying in a statement, "We won't budge when it comes to condomless productions. That's what the consumer wants, and we deliver it."
The complaint is now being looked into.
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday