Taylor Swift Makes Kids Happy by Rebuilding Playground
Taylor Swift is giving back to kids in the Tennessee town where she went to school - the singer has donated a generous $100,000 cheque to build a new playground. Swift handed over the cash to officials in the hope they could use it to benefit those who have been struggling in the wake of the 2010 floods which swept through Hendersonville.
But her business manager has since suggested the funds will go toward updating the Kids Kingdom play area, as well as the city's volleyball courts, according to CMT.com. Hendersonville spokesman Dave LeMarbre says, "We appreciate Taylor's donation as well as all the others who have stepped up."
The website reports the old playground is expected to be torn down later this year and rebuilt in early 2011.
More Taylor Swift News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role