Taylor Swift Makes Kids Happy by Rebuilding Playground
Taylor Swift is giving back to kids in the Tennessee town where she went to school - the singer has donated a generous $100,000 cheque to build a new playground. Swift handed over the cash to officials in the hope they could use it to benefit those who have been struggling in the wake of the 2010 floods which swept through Hendersonville.
But her business manager has since suggested the funds will go toward updating the Kids Kingdom play area, as well as the city's volleyball courts, according to CMT.com. Hendersonville spokesman Dave LeMarbre says, "We appreciate Taylor's donation as well as all the others who have stepped up."
The website reports the old playground is expected to be torn down later this year and rebuilt in early 2011.
More Taylor Swift News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert