Taylor Swift Makes Kids Happy by Rebuilding Playground
Taylor Swift is giving back to kids in the Tennessee town where she went to school - the singer has donated a generous $100,000 cheque to build a new playground. Swift handed over the cash to officials in the hope they could use it to benefit those who have been struggling in the wake of the 2010 floods which swept through Hendersonville.
But her business manager has since suggested the funds will go toward updating the Kids Kingdom play area, as well as the city's volleyball courts, according to CMT.com. Hendersonville spokesman Dave LeMarbre says, "We appreciate Taylor's donation as well as all the others who have stepped up."
The website reports the old playground is expected to be torn down later this year and rebuilt in early 2011.
More Taylor Swift News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd