Taylor Swift Makes Kids Happy by Rebuilding Playground
Taylor Swift is giving back to kids in the Tennessee town where she went to school - the singer has donated a generous $100,000 cheque to build a new playground. Swift handed over the cash to officials in the hope they could use it to benefit those who have been struggling in the wake of the 2010 floods which swept through Hendersonville.
But her business manager has since suggested the funds will go toward updating the Kids Kingdom play area, as well as the city's volleyball courts, according to CMT.com. Hendersonville spokesman Dave LeMarbre says, "We appreciate Taylor's donation as well as all the others who have stepped up."
The website reports the old playground is expected to be torn down later this year and rebuilt in early 2011.
More Taylor Swift News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set