Taylor Swift Makes Kids Happy by Rebuilding Playground
Taylor Swift is giving back to kids in the Tennessee town where she went to school - the singer has donated a generous $100,000 cheque to build a new playground. Swift handed over the cash to officials in the hope they could use it to benefit those who have been struggling in the wake of the 2010 floods which swept through Hendersonville.
But her business manager has since suggested the funds will go toward updating the Kids Kingdom play area, as well as the city's volleyball courts, according to CMT.com. Hendersonville spokesman Dave LeMarbre says, "We appreciate Taylor's donation as well as all the others who have stepped up."
The website reports the old playground is expected to be torn down later this year and rebuilt in early 2011.
More Taylor Swift News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'