Mariah Carey Breaks Silence Over Pregnancy Reports, Plays Coy
Mariah Carey has hinted there's truth behind reports she is expecting her first child with husband Nick Cannon, confessing she's too "superstitious" to share any baby news right now. Speculation has followed the couple since Carey pulled out of a Tyler Perry movie over mysterious health concerns in June, but she's yet to confirm or deny whether she's a mum-to-be.
New photos of the singer performing in Brazil and sporting what looks like a fuller figure raised fresh questions and forced Cannon to backtrack over a recent denial. Cannon told New York's 92.3 FM radio station on Monday, August 23, "When my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her."
Carey then addressed the issue via a statement released by her publicist Cindi Berger on Thursday, August 26. But she refused to confirm or deny the reports - revealing even Berger doesn't know for sure if her client is expecting.
The statement reads, "I appreciate everyone's well wishes. But I am very superstitious. When the time is right, everyone will know - even Cindi Berger."
Carey and Cannon wed after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna