Mariah Carey Breaks Silence Over Pregnancy Reports, Plays Coy
Mariah Carey has hinted there's truth behind reports she is expecting her first child with husband Nick Cannon, confessing she's too "superstitious" to share any baby news right now. Speculation has followed the couple since Carey pulled out of a Tyler Perry movie over mysterious health concerns in June, but she's yet to confirm or deny whether she's a mum-to-be.
New photos of the singer performing in Brazil and sporting what looks like a fuller figure raised fresh questions and forced Cannon to backtrack over a recent denial. Cannon told New York's 92.3 FM radio station on Monday, August 23, "When my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her."
Carey then addressed the issue via a statement released by her publicist Cindi Berger on Thursday, August 26. But she refused to confirm or deny the reports - revealing even Berger doesn't know for sure if her client is expecting.
The statement reads, "I appreciate everyone's well wishes. But I am very superstitious. When the time is right, everyone will know - even Cindi Berger."
Carey and Cannon wed after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
More Mariah Carey News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake