Mariah Carey Breaks Silence Over Pregnancy Reports, Plays Coy
Mariah Carey has hinted there's truth behind reports she is expecting her first child with husband Nick Cannon, confessing she's too "superstitious" to share any baby news right now. Speculation has followed the couple since Carey pulled out of a Tyler Perry movie over mysterious health concerns in June, but she's yet to confirm or deny whether she's a mum-to-be.
New photos of the singer performing in Brazil and sporting what looks like a fuller figure raised fresh questions and forced Cannon to backtrack over a recent denial. Cannon told New York's 92.3 FM radio station on Monday, August 23, "When my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her."
Carey then addressed the issue via a statement released by her publicist Cindi Berger on Thursday, August 26. But she refused to confirm or deny the reports - revealing even Berger doesn't know for sure if her client is expecting.
The statement reads, "I appreciate everyone's well wishes. But I am very superstitious. When the time is right, everyone will know - even Cindi Berger."
Carey and Cannon wed after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
More Mariah Carey News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift