Mariah Carey Breaks Silence Over Pregnancy Reports, Plays Coy
Mariah Carey has hinted there's truth behind reports she is expecting her first child with husband Nick Cannon, confessing she's too "superstitious" to share any baby news right now. Speculation has followed the couple since Carey pulled out of a Tyler Perry movie over mysterious health concerns in June, but she's yet to confirm or deny whether she's a mum-to-be.
New photos of the singer performing in Brazil and sporting what looks like a fuller figure raised fresh questions and forced Cannon to backtrack over a recent denial. Cannon told New York's 92.3 FM radio station on Monday, August 23, "When my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her."
Carey then addressed the issue via a statement released by her publicist Cindi Berger on Thursday, August 26. But she refused to confirm or deny the reports - revealing even Berger doesn't know for sure if her client is expecting.
The statement reads, "I appreciate everyone's well wishes. But I am very superstitious. When the time is right, everyone will know - even Cindi Berger."
Carey and Cannon wed after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
More Mariah Carey News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy