Mariah Carey Breaks Silence Over Pregnancy Reports, Plays Coy
Mariah Carey has hinted there's truth behind reports she is expecting her first child with husband Nick Cannon, confessing she's too "superstitious" to share any baby news right now. Speculation has followed the couple since Carey pulled out of a Tyler Perry movie over mysterious health concerns in June, but she's yet to confirm or deny whether she's a mum-to-be.
New photos of the singer performing in Brazil and sporting what looks like a fuller figure raised fresh questions and forced Cannon to backtrack over a recent denial. Cannon told New York's 92.3 FM radio station on Monday, August 23, "When my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her."
Carey then addressed the issue via a statement released by her publicist Cindi Berger on Thursday, August 26. But she refused to confirm or deny the reports - revealing even Berger doesn't know for sure if her client is expecting.
The statement reads, "I appreciate everyone's well wishes. But I am very superstitious. When the time is right, everyone will know - even Cindi Berger."
Carey and Cannon wed after a whirlwind romance in 2008.
More Mariah Carey News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!