Kevin Spacey to Reunite With Sam Mendes in Shakespeare Play
Kevin Spacey is reuniting with the director who helped him win an Academy Award in a new transatlantic theater project. The actor will star as Shakespeare's Richard III in a production due to open in New York and close in London, directed by Sam Mendes.
Spacey and Mendes scooped Best Actor and Best Director Oscars for 1999 movie "American Beauty".
Announcing the project, due to open on Broadway in February 2012, Spacey says, "Sam is one of the finest directors I have had the pleasure to work with and to gain this opportunity is beyond my wildest hopes." He adds, "With such a remarkable character before me, I have a feeling this one is going to be a memorable experience."
The play will end its run at London's Old Vic theatre, where Spacey is currently artistic director.
More Kevin Spacey News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones