Kevin Spacey to Reunite With Sam Mendes in Shakespeare Play
Kevin Spacey is reuniting with the director who helped him win an Academy Award in a new transatlantic theater project. The actor will star as Shakespeare's Richard III in a production due to open in New York and close in London, directed by Sam Mendes.
Spacey and Mendes scooped Best Actor and Best Director Oscars for 1999 movie "American Beauty".
Announcing the project, due to open on Broadway in February 2012, Spacey says, "Sam is one of the finest directors I have had the pleasure to work with and to gain this opportunity is beyond my wildest hopes." He adds, "With such a remarkable character before me, I have a feeling this one is going to be a memorable experience."
The play will end its run at London's Old Vic theatre, where Spacey is currently artistic director.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa