Kevin Spacey to Reunite With Sam Mendes in Shakespeare Play
Kevin Spacey is reuniting with the director who helped him win an Academy Award in a new transatlantic theater project. The actor will star as Shakespeare's Richard III in a production due to open in New York and close in London, directed by Sam Mendes.
Spacey and Mendes scooped Best Actor and Best Director Oscars for 1999 movie "American Beauty".
Announcing the project, due to open on Broadway in February 2012, Spacey says, "Sam is one of the finest directors I have had the pleasure to work with and to gain this opportunity is beyond my wildest hopes." He adds, "With such a remarkable character before me, I have a feeling this one is going to be a memorable experience."
The play will end its run at London's Old Vic theatre, where Spacey is currently artistic director.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed