Kevin Spacey to Reunite With Sam Mendes in Shakespeare Play
Kevin Spacey is reuniting with the director who helped him win an Academy Award in a new transatlantic theater project. The actor will star as Shakespeare's Richard III in a production due to open in New York and close in London, directed by Sam Mendes.
Spacey and Mendes scooped Best Actor and Best Director Oscars for 1999 movie "American Beauty".
Announcing the project, due to open on Broadway in February 2012, Spacey says, "Sam is one of the finest directors I have had the pleasure to work with and to gain this opportunity is beyond my wildest hopes." He adds, "With such a remarkable character before me, I have a feeling this one is going to be a memorable experience."
The play will end its run at London's Old Vic theatre, where Spacey is currently artistic director.
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer