Kevin Spacey to Reunite With Sam Mendes in Shakespeare Play
Kevin Spacey is reuniting with the director who helped him win an Academy Award in a new transatlantic theater project. The actor will star as Shakespeare's Richard III in a production due to open in New York and close in London, directed by Sam Mendes.
Spacey and Mendes scooped Best Actor and Best Director Oscars for 1999 movie "American Beauty".
Announcing the project, due to open on Broadway in February 2012, Spacey says, "Sam is one of the finest directors I have had the pleasure to work with and to gain this opportunity is beyond my wildest hopes." He adds, "With such a remarkable character before me, I have a feeling this one is going to be a memorable experience."
The play will end its run at London's Old Vic theatre, where Spacey is currently artistic director.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7