Nadja Benaissa Escapes Jail in HIV Infection Case
German pop star Nadja Benaissa has been handed a two-year suspended sentence after she was convicted of infecting a former partner with HIV. The "No Angels" star was found guilty of causing bodily harm to one man, who caught the deadly virus after she failed to tell him about her condition during a brief romance in 2004.
She was also convicted of two charges of attempted bodily harm relating to other partners. During the trial at a court in Darmstadt, Germany, the singer apologized for her actions, saying, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't."
The court took into consideration her remorse and she escaped a jail term on Thursday, August 26 when she was handed a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor