Nadja Benaissa Escapes Jail in HIV Infection Case
German pop star Nadja Benaissa has been handed a two-year suspended sentence after she was convicted of infecting a former partner with HIV. The "No Angels" star was found guilty of causing bodily harm to one man, who caught the deadly virus after she failed to tell him about her condition during a brief romance in 2004.
She was also convicted of two charges of attempted bodily harm relating to other partners. During the trial at a court in Darmstadt, Germany, the singer apologized for her actions, saying, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't."
The court took into consideration her remorse and she escaped a jail term on Thursday, August 26 when she was handed a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding