Nadja Benaissa Escapes Jail in HIV Infection Case
German pop star Nadja Benaissa has been handed a two-year suspended sentence after she was convicted of infecting a former partner with HIV. The "No Angels" star was found guilty of causing bodily harm to one man, who caught the deadly virus after she failed to tell him about her condition during a brief romance in 2004.
She was also convicted of two charges of attempted bodily harm relating to other partners. During the trial at a court in Darmstadt, Germany, the singer apologized for her actions, saying, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't."
The court took into consideration her remorse and she escaped a jail term on Thursday, August 26 when she was handed a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation