Nadja Benaissa Escapes Jail in HIV Infection Case
German pop star Nadja Benaissa has been handed a two-year suspended sentence after she was convicted of infecting a former partner with HIV. The "No Angels" star was found guilty of causing bodily harm to one man, who caught the deadly virus after she failed to tell him about her condition during a brief romance in 2004.
She was also convicted of two charges of attempted bodily harm relating to other partners. During the trial at a court in Darmstadt, Germany, the singer apologized for her actions, saying, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't."
The court took into consideration her remorse and she escaped a jail term on Thursday, August 26 when she was handed a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked