Nadja Benaissa Escapes Jail in HIV Infection Case
German pop star Nadja Benaissa has been handed a two-year suspended sentence after she was convicted of infecting a former partner with HIV. The "No Angels" star was found guilty of causing bodily harm to one man, who caught the deadly virus after she failed to tell him about her condition during a brief romance in 2004.
She was also convicted of two charges of attempted bodily harm relating to other partners. During the trial at a court in Darmstadt, Germany, the singer apologized for her actions, saying, "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't."
The court took into consideration her remorse and she escaped a jail term on Thursday, August 26 when she was handed a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'