M.I.A. Reached Out to Hilary Clinton in Visa Problem
M.I.A. has enlisted the help of U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton in her ongoing visa battles, after authorities refused the rapper's mother permission to visit her newborn grandson. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker has clashed with immigration officials over her own status after courting controversy with her comments about political unrest in Sri Lanka.
Now the star's family has been dragged into the visa dispute - her mother Kala tried to visit M.I.A.'s baby son Ikhyd but was blocked from entering America, prompting the rapper to call on Clinton for help.
She tells Q magazine, "They've singled me out. They said my mum would be fine if I just apologized to the Sri Lankan embassy. Which I'm not gonna do. It's not like she actually knows how to make a f**king bomb, strap it on and walk into Tesco's (supermarket)... We've had Hillary Clinton involved. Hills got back (to us) and she was like, 'You know, it happens...' "
More M.I.A. News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos