M.I.A. Reached Out to Hilary Clinton in Visa Problem
M.I.A. has enlisted the help of U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton in her ongoing visa battles, after authorities refused the rapper's mother permission to visit her newborn grandson. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker has clashed with immigration officials over her own status after courting controversy with her comments about political unrest in Sri Lanka.
Now the star's family has been dragged into the visa dispute - her mother Kala tried to visit M.I.A.'s baby son Ikhyd but was blocked from entering America, prompting the rapper to call on Clinton for help.
She tells Q magazine, "They've singled me out. They said my mum would be fine if I just apologized to the Sri Lankan embassy. Which I'm not gonna do. It's not like she actually knows how to make a f**king bomb, strap it on and walk into Tesco's (supermarket)... We've had Hillary Clinton involved. Hills got back (to us) and she was like, 'You know, it happens...' "
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer