M.I.A. Reached Out to Hilary Clinton in Visa Problem
M.I.A. has enlisted the help of U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton in her ongoing visa battles, after authorities refused the rapper's mother permission to visit her newborn grandson. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker has clashed with immigration officials over her own status after courting controversy with her comments about political unrest in Sri Lanka.
Now the star's family has been dragged into the visa dispute - her mother Kala tried to visit M.I.A.'s baby son Ikhyd but was blocked from entering America, prompting the rapper to call on Clinton for help.
She tells Q magazine, "They've singled me out. They said my mum would be fine if I just apologized to the Sri Lankan embassy. Which I'm not gonna do. It's not like she actually knows how to make a f**king bomb, strap it on and walk into Tesco's (supermarket)... We've had Hillary Clinton involved. Hills got back (to us) and she was like, 'You know, it happens...' "
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media