M.I.A. Reached Out to Hilary Clinton in Visa Problem
M.I.A. has enlisted the help of U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton in her ongoing visa battles, after authorities refused the rapper's mother permission to visit her newborn grandson. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker has clashed with immigration officials over her own status after courting controversy with her comments about political unrest in Sri Lanka.
Now the star's family has been dragged into the visa dispute - her mother Kala tried to visit M.I.A.'s baby son Ikhyd but was blocked from entering America, prompting the rapper to call on Clinton for help.
She tells Q magazine, "They've singled me out. They said my mum would be fine if I just apologized to the Sri Lankan embassy. Which I'm not gonna do. It's not like she actually knows how to make a f**king bomb, strap it on and walk into Tesco's (supermarket)... We've had Hillary Clinton involved. Hills got back (to us) and she was like, 'You know, it happens...' "
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.