M.I.A. Reached Out to Hilary Clinton in Visa Problem
M.I.A. has enlisted the help of U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton in her ongoing visa battles, after authorities refused the rapper's mother permission to visit her newborn grandson. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker has clashed with immigration officials over her own status after courting controversy with her comments about political unrest in Sri Lanka.
Now the star's family has been dragged into the visa dispute - her mother Kala tried to visit M.I.A.'s baby son Ikhyd but was blocked from entering America, prompting the rapper to call on Clinton for help.
She tells Q magazine, "They've singled me out. They said my mum would be fine if I just apologized to the Sri Lankan embassy. Which I'm not gonna do. It's not like she actually knows how to make a f**king bomb, strap it on and walk into Tesco's (supermarket)... We've had Hillary Clinton involved. Hills got back (to us) and she was like, 'You know, it happens...' "
More M.I.A. News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift