Michelle Rodriguez Penning Screenplay of 'Bandits' Remake
Actress Michelle Rodriguez is writing a screenplay about women breaking out of prison. The "Avatar" star is putting pen to paper to draft a remake of 1997 German movie "Bandits", about four female convicts on the run, and hopes the script will impress Hollywood bosses.
And Rodriguez admits she would be tempted to star in the movie if it is eventually made into a film. She tells Movie Hole, "I'm writing a remake of The Bandits, which is about four girls who break out of jail and get chased across the country by the feds and by this MTV-like representative. It's an old German film. I'm writing it pro-Bono, so if the producer likes it, he'll make it."
"We'll see (about acting in it). I'd think so. But you know, I got into this business to write - not to act. But as an incentive for people to read my s**t, I have to agree to be in the film. I'm starting a whole new career so I'm like a kid in a candy store."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance