Grieving, Martin Short to Skip Emmys
Emmy nominee Martin Short is skipping the awards ceremony on Sunday, August 29 as he continues to mourn the death of his wife, Nancy Dolman. The funnyman was expected to appear at the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as he is nominated for a best supporting actor prize for his role as an attorney in TV hit "Damages".
But he has decided to pull out of the event, following the death of Dolman, his partner of 30 years, last week. The retired actress passed away at the couple's home in Pacific Palisades, California following a reported cancer battle. A coroner's investigation determined she died of natural causes.
Short faces Emmy competition in the Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category from "Mad Men"'s John Slattery, Aaron Paul of "Breaking Bad", "Men of a Certain Age" actor Andre Braugher as well as "Lost" stars Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa