Grieving, Martin Short to Skip Emmys
Emmy nominee Martin Short is skipping the awards ceremony on Sunday, August 29 as he continues to mourn the death of his wife, Nancy Dolman. The funnyman was expected to appear at the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as he is nominated for a best supporting actor prize for his role as an attorney in TV hit "Damages".
But he has decided to pull out of the event, following the death of Dolman, his partner of 30 years, last week. The retired actress passed away at the couple's home in Pacific Palisades, California following a reported cancer battle. A coroner's investigation determined she died of natural causes.
Short faces Emmy competition in the Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category from "Mad Men"'s John Slattery, Aaron Paul of "Breaking Bad", "Men of a Certain Age" actor Andre Braugher as well as "Lost" stars Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy