Grieving, Martin Short to Skip Emmys
Emmy nominee Martin Short is skipping the awards ceremony on Sunday, August 29 as he continues to mourn the death of his wife, Nancy Dolman. The funnyman was expected to appear at the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as he is nominated for a best supporting actor prize for his role as an attorney in TV hit "Damages".
But he has decided to pull out of the event, following the death of Dolman, his partner of 30 years, last week. The retired actress passed away at the couple's home in Pacific Palisades, California following a reported cancer battle. A coroner's investigation determined she died of natural causes.
Short faces Emmy competition in the Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category from "Mad Men"'s John Slattery, Aaron Paul of "Breaking Bad", "Men of a Certain Age" actor Andre Braugher as well as "Lost" stars Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding