Grieving, Martin Short to Skip Emmys
Emmy nominee Martin Short is skipping the awards ceremony on Sunday, August 29 as he continues to mourn the death of his wife, Nancy Dolman. The funnyman was expected to appear at the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as he is nominated for a best supporting actor prize for his role as an attorney in TV hit "Damages".
But he has decided to pull out of the event, following the death of Dolman, his partner of 30 years, last week. The retired actress passed away at the couple's home in Pacific Palisades, California following a reported cancer battle. A coroner's investigation determined she died of natural causes.
Short faces Emmy competition in the Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category from "Mad Men"'s John Slattery, Aaron Paul of "Breaking Bad", "Men of a Certain Age" actor Andre Braugher as well as "Lost" stars Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival