Grieving, Martin Short to Skip Emmys
Emmy nominee Martin Short is skipping the awards ceremony on Sunday, August 29 as he continues to mourn the death of his wife, Nancy Dolman. The funnyman was expected to appear at the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as he is nominated for a best supporting actor prize for his role as an attorney in TV hit "Damages".
But he has decided to pull out of the event, following the death of Dolman, his partner of 30 years, last week. The retired actress passed away at the couple's home in Pacific Palisades, California following a reported cancer battle. A coroner's investigation determined she died of natural causes.
Short faces Emmy competition in the Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category from "Mad Men"'s John Slattery, Aaron Paul of "Breaking Bad", "Men of a Certain Age" actor Andre Braugher as well as "Lost" stars Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance