Katy Perry Giving Free Pillows to Waiting Fans in New York
Katy Perry is showing off her generous side by donating free pillows and blankets to fans who have been camping out to see her perform in New York City. The pop star is due to play a free concert at an outdoor plaza in the Big Apple to promote her new album, "Teenage Dream", on the "TODAY" show on Friday, August 27.
Fans began queuing up to see the singer days in advance - and she decided to thank them for their loyalty by ordering customized cushions and quilts with her name printed on them. In a post on her Twitter.com page, Perry writes, "I had special Teenage Dream pillows & blankys made just for those of you that are camping out for the Today show! Yay!"
Led by No. 1 single "California Gurls" which features Snoop Dogg, "Teenage Dream" has been released in United States since August 24. It is predicted to sell 170,000 to 200,000 in its opening week, going head to head against Fantasia Barrino's "Back to Me" for the first position on Billboard Hot 200.
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered