Akon Facing Legal Action Over Canceled Concert
Akon is facing legal action after allegedly failing to perform a concert in Belgium last year. Bosses at promotion agency Lofraco Belgium claim the R&B singer was due to play a show in October but pulled out eight days ahead of the gig, citing "scheduling conflicts".
They allege the star's booking agents had already received a $125,000 payment for the concert before he backed out. The lawsuit, filed in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, claims breach of contract, fraud and concealment. Lofraco Belgium's lawyers are demanding $250,000 in expenses and an unspecified "multi-million" dollar figure in punitive damages, reports TMZ.com.
Akon is currently preparing a new album which is expected to come out later this year. Lady GaGa and David Guetta reportedly make contribution to the effort.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage