Akon Facing Legal Action Over Canceled Concert
Akon is facing legal action after allegedly failing to perform a concert in Belgium last year. Bosses at promotion agency Lofraco Belgium claim the R&B singer was due to play a show in October but pulled out eight days ahead of the gig, citing "scheduling conflicts".
They allege the star's booking agents had already received a $125,000 payment for the concert before he backed out. The lawsuit, filed in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, claims breach of contract, fraud and concealment. Lofraco Belgium's lawyers are demanding $250,000 in expenses and an unspecified "multi-million" dollar figure in punitive damages, reports TMZ.com.
Akon is currently preparing a new album which is expected to come out later this year. Lady GaGa and David Guetta reportedly make contribution to the effort.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?