Akon Facing Legal Action Over Canceled Concert
Akon is facing legal action after allegedly failing to perform a concert in Belgium last year. Bosses at promotion agency Lofraco Belgium claim the R&B singer was due to play a show in October but pulled out eight days ahead of the gig, citing "scheduling conflicts".
They allege the star's booking agents had already received a $125,000 payment for the concert before he backed out. The lawsuit, filed in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, claims breach of contract, fraud and concealment. Lofraco Belgium's lawyers are demanding $250,000 in expenses and an unspecified "multi-million" dollar figure in punitive damages, reports TMZ.com.
Akon is currently preparing a new album which is expected to come out later this year. Lady GaGa and David Guetta reportedly make contribution to the effort.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special