Akon Facing Legal Action Over Canceled Concert
Akon is facing legal action after allegedly failing to perform a concert in Belgium last year. Bosses at promotion agency Lofraco Belgium claim the R&B singer was due to play a show in October but pulled out eight days ahead of the gig, citing "scheduling conflicts".
They allege the star's booking agents had already received a $125,000 payment for the concert before he backed out. The lawsuit, filed in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, claims breach of contract, fraud and concealment. Lofraco Belgium's lawyers are demanding $250,000 in expenses and an unspecified "multi-million" dollar figure in punitive damages, reports TMZ.com.
Akon is currently preparing a new album which is expected to come out later this year. Lady GaGa and David Guetta reportedly make contribution to the effort.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery