Akon Facing Legal Action Over Canceled Concert
Akon is facing legal action after allegedly failing to perform a concert in Belgium last year. Bosses at promotion agency Lofraco Belgium claim the R&B singer was due to play a show in October but pulled out eight days ahead of the gig, citing "scheduling conflicts".
They allege the star's booking agents had already received a $125,000 payment for the concert before he backed out. The lawsuit, filed in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, claims breach of contract, fraud and concealment. Lofraco Belgium's lawyers are demanding $250,000 in expenses and an unspecified "multi-million" dollar figure in punitive damages, reports TMZ.com.
Akon is currently preparing a new album which is expected to come out later this year. Lady GaGa and David Guetta reportedly make contribution to the effort.
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months