Drew Barrymore Embracing Spirituality After Life-Changing Solo Trip to India
Actress and director Drew Barrymore has vowed to take more breaks from work to travel the world, after a life-changing solo trip to India. The self-professed "workaholic" put the brakes on her busy schedule for a recent two-week stay in Delhi "looking for a shift of consciousness", and now she's embracing her spirituality like never before.
She explains, "You have such a different experience when you're by yourself. I like it. I was studying spirituality and religions and I went to different temples and explored and walked barefoot through the streets and had incredible conversation... There's so many journeys I want to take there but this time I went to Delhi."
And now Barrymore is meditating daily to make sure she keeps her Hollywood career in perspective until she can go back. She adds, "I've been writing 'breathe' on my arm because you learn about (its) importance... breathing is life. I'm trying to remember to keep breathing."
"I've been trying to remember everything that I studied. I've been reading and writing. I've been keeping up my meditations. I learned certain prayers you can practice and just to pray and think about your friends and think about what you have and keep your perspective and never lose sight of that on a daily basis. And I have been able to keep that with me."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs