Drew Barrymore Embracing Spirituality After Life-Changing Solo Trip to India
Actress and director Drew Barrymore has vowed to take more breaks from work to travel the world, after a life-changing solo trip to India. The self-professed "workaholic" put the brakes on her busy schedule for a recent two-week stay in Delhi "looking for a shift of consciousness", and now she's embracing her spirituality like never before.
She explains, "You have such a different experience when you're by yourself. I like it. I was studying spirituality and religions and I went to different temples and explored and walked barefoot through the streets and had incredible conversation... There's so many journeys I want to take there but this time I went to Delhi."
And now Barrymore is meditating daily to make sure she keeps her Hollywood career in perspective until she can go back. She adds, "I've been writing 'breathe' on my arm because you learn about (its) importance... breathing is life. I'm trying to remember to keep breathing."
"I've been trying to remember everything that I studied. I've been reading and writing. I've been keeping up my meditations. I learned certain prayers you can practice and just to pray and think about your friends and think about what you have and keep your perspective and never lose sight of that on a daily basis. And I have been able to keep that with me."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival