Drew Barrymore Embracing Spirituality After Life-Changing Solo Trip to India
Actress and director Drew Barrymore has vowed to take more breaks from work to travel the world, after a life-changing solo trip to India. The self-professed "workaholic" put the brakes on her busy schedule for a recent two-week stay in Delhi "looking for a shift of consciousness", and now she's embracing her spirituality like never before.
She explains, "You have such a different experience when you're by yourself. I like it. I was studying spirituality and religions and I went to different temples and explored and walked barefoot through the streets and had incredible conversation... There's so many journeys I want to take there but this time I went to Delhi."
And now Barrymore is meditating daily to make sure she keeps her Hollywood career in perspective until she can go back. She adds, "I've been writing 'breathe' on my arm because you learn about (its) importance... breathing is life. I'm trying to remember to keep breathing."
"I've been trying to remember everything that I studied. I've been reading and writing. I've been keeping up my meditations. I learned certain prayers you can practice and just to pray and think about your friends and think about what you have and keep your perspective and never lose sight of that on a daily basis. And I have been able to keep that with me."
More Drew Barrymore News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia