Oprah Winfrey Refuses Any Surprise on Final Series of Her Talk Show
Oprah Winfrey has made her staff members promise there will be no surprises on the final season of her hit talk show because the sudden arrival of special celebrity guests is too much for the TV personality to handle.
The queen of chat will embark on the 25th and final year of "Oprah" in September and she plans to make her last shows more about "moments" than celebrities - but she doesn't want the moments to be about her. Winfrey showed TV fans and her assistants just how badly she copes with surprises when her heroine, Mary Tyler Moore, showed up unannounced on one show last season and the host doesn't want a repeat of that.
She tells TV Guide magazine, "I went into the ugly cry on the air (and) I made a rule that I was never to be surprised again on air. I don't want to lose that kind of control. If you've ever looked at that tape, snot's running out of my nose and I had such a headache that I couldn't focus. I don't handle surprise very well."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly