Oprah Winfrey Refuses Any Surprise on Final Series of Her Talk Show
Oprah Winfrey has made her staff members promise there will be no surprises on the final season of her hit talk show because the sudden arrival of special celebrity guests is too much for the TV personality to handle.
The queen of chat will embark on the 25th and final year of "Oprah" in September and she plans to make her last shows more about "moments" than celebrities - but she doesn't want the moments to be about her. Winfrey showed TV fans and her assistants just how badly she copes with surprises when her heroine, Mary Tyler Moore, showed up unannounced on one show last season and the host doesn't want a repeat of that.
She tells TV Guide magazine, "I went into the ugly cry on the air (and) I made a rule that I was never to be surprised again on air. I don't want to lose that kind of control. If you've ever looked at that tape, snot's running out of my nose and I had such a headache that I couldn't focus. I don't handle surprise very well."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'