Oprah Winfrey Refuses Any Surprise on Final Series of Her Talk Show
Oprah Winfrey has made her staff members promise there will be no surprises on the final season of her hit talk show because the sudden arrival of special celebrity guests is too much for the TV personality to handle.
The queen of chat will embark on the 25th and final year of "Oprah" in September and she plans to make her last shows more about "moments" than celebrities - but she doesn't want the moments to be about her. Winfrey showed TV fans and her assistants just how badly she copes with surprises when her heroine, Mary Tyler Moore, showed up unannounced on one show last season and the host doesn't want a repeat of that.
She tells TV Guide magazine, "I went into the ugly cry on the air (and) I made a rule that I was never to be surprised again on air. I don't want to lose that kind of control. If you've ever looked at that tape, snot's running out of my nose and I had such a headache that I couldn't focus. I don't handle surprise very well."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger