Oprah Winfrey Refuses Any Surprise on Final Series of Her Talk Show
Oprah Winfrey has made her staff members promise there will be no surprises on the final season of her hit talk show because the sudden arrival of special celebrity guests is too much for the TV personality to handle.
The queen of chat will embark on the 25th and final year of "Oprah" in September and she plans to make her last shows more about "moments" than celebrities - but she doesn't want the moments to be about her. Winfrey showed TV fans and her assistants just how badly she copes with surprises when her heroine, Mary Tyler Moore, showed up unannounced on one show last season and the host doesn't want a repeat of that.
She tells TV Guide magazine, "I went into the ugly cry on the air (and) I made a rule that I was never to be surprised again on air. I don't want to lose that kind of control. If you've ever looked at that tape, snot's running out of my nose and I had such a headache that I couldn't focus. I don't handle surprise very well."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism