Timbaland Speaks Up About Suicide Report
Hip-hop hitmaker Timbaland has been left stunned by reports he was contemplating suicide after a valuable watch was stolen from his home in Malibu, Los Angeles. TMZ.com reported the L.A. sheriff's department had put out an all points bulletin (APB) just before 5 P.M. local time on Tuesday, August 24 after the producer disappeared following the burglary.
Reports suggested Timbaland was distraught after discovering a $2 million (GBP1.3 million) watch had been stolen from his timepiece collection. Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore confirms a helicopter and squad cars were dispatched to hunt for Timbaland's Escalade, following a worried call to cops from a family friend.
Whitmore has since revealed Timbaland was not a threat to himself and there was no suicide attempt. And the rapper has now gone public over the fuss, insisting he's still trying to understand how a drive to clear his head after the burglary became a suicide search.
Speaking on pal Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Wednesday, August 25, the rap heavyweight said, "I don't know what happened. I don't know what we're talking about... The only thing I did was take a drive to figure out how I was gonna handle it (burglary)." He further explained, "I wasn't talking, so I guess people got worried... What I tell people is if my mom ain't calling or my brother or my best friend, then there ain't nothing to worry about."
Police are investigating the theft of the watch.
More Timbaland News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video