Timbaland Speaks Up About Suicide Report
Hip-hop hitmaker Timbaland has been left stunned by reports he was contemplating suicide after a valuable watch was stolen from his home in Malibu, Los Angeles. TMZ.com reported the L.A. sheriff's department had put out an all points bulletin (APB) just before 5 P.M. local time on Tuesday, August 24 after the producer disappeared following the burglary.
Reports suggested Timbaland was distraught after discovering a $2 million (GBP1.3 million) watch had been stolen from his timepiece collection. Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore confirms a helicopter and squad cars were dispatched to hunt for Timbaland's Escalade, following a worried call to cops from a family friend.
Whitmore has since revealed Timbaland was not a threat to himself and there was no suicide attempt. And the rapper has now gone public over the fuss, insisting he's still trying to understand how a drive to clear his head after the burglary became a suicide search.
Speaking on pal Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Wednesday, August 25, the rap heavyweight said, "I don't know what happened. I don't know what we're talking about... The only thing I did was take a drive to figure out how I was gonna handle it (burglary)." He further explained, "I wasn't talking, so I guess people got worried... What I tell people is if my mom ain't calling or my brother or my best friend, then there ain't nothing to worry about."
Police are investigating the theft of the watch.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons