Tiger Woods Responds to Elin Nordegren Interview With Praise
Disgraced golfer Tiger Woods has heaped praised on his ex-wife Elin Nordegren after she spoke out about his sex scandal - championing the Swedish beauty a "supportive" and "wonderful" mother. The couple split in 2009 after news of the sportsman's numerous infidelities hit the headlines, and their divorce was finalized this week.
Nordegren went into hiding when Woods' private life was thrust into the spotlight, but she finally opened up about her ordeal in a interview with America's People magazine, which was published on Wednesday, August 25, revealing she felt "embarrassed" that she "never suspected" her husband was cheating on her.
But Woods has backed his ex after her candid comments, and insists his focus is on co-parenting their two children, Sam, three, and Charlie, 19 months. A statement issued by the athlete on Wednesday reads, "This is a very painful, personal and private time for our family. Throughout this entire time, Elin has shown unwavering concern and support for our children. She is a wonderful mother. I know that the two of us will do everything we can to help our children adjust to this new family situation."
"We both cherish the time we can spend with Sam and Charlie. Whether it's taking Sam to school or hitting balls with Charlie on the range, nothing gives me more enjoyment than these simple pleasures. We have two special kids, and I'm going to enjoy every minute with them." He adds, "Personally, I am learning to balance family and golf. My children come first and always will, but I also appreciate golf more than ever. I understand how important the fans and the game are to me. I know how lucky I am to do what I do for a living, and I am deeply grateful for everyone who has supported me."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers