Glastonbury Too 'Polite' for Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson refuses to play at renowned British music festival Glastonbury - because the event is far too civilized for his hard-rocking band. Dickinson is adamant his heavy metal group will never set foot on the famed Glastonbury stage because the crowds at the outdoor gig are far too "polite".
He also reveals he was once asked to star in a gruesome reality show but insists he's ruled out ever performing or mentoring on TV contests like Simon Cowell's U.K. series "The X Factor". Dickinson tells Britain's The Sun, "We would never do a TV show like X Factor and we would never play Glastonbury. I cannot stand X Factor."
"I've been offered all sorts of reality TV. One guy offered me a programme which involved me having my poo examined. I thought it was a wind-up (joke). I told him where to go in no uncertain terms. Glastonbury is a bit too cream cakes and afternoon tea for us. It's all yurts and people being far too polite."
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations