Glastonbury Too 'Polite' for Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson refuses to play at renowned British music festival Glastonbury - because the event is far too civilized for his hard-rocking band. Dickinson is adamant his heavy metal group will never set foot on the famed Glastonbury stage because the crowds at the outdoor gig are far too "polite".
He also reveals he was once asked to star in a gruesome reality show but insists he's ruled out ever performing or mentoring on TV contests like Simon Cowell's U.K. series "The X Factor". Dickinson tells Britain's The Sun, "We would never do a TV show like X Factor and we would never play Glastonbury. I cannot stand X Factor."
"I've been offered all sorts of reality TV. One guy offered me a programme which involved me having my poo examined. I thought it was a wind-up (joke). I told him where to go in no uncertain terms. Glastonbury is a bit too cream cakes and afternoon tea for us. It's all yurts and people being far too polite."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna