Glastonbury Too 'Polite' for Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson refuses to play at renowned British music festival Glastonbury - because the event is far too civilized for his hard-rocking band. Dickinson is adamant his heavy metal group will never set foot on the famed Glastonbury stage because the crowds at the outdoor gig are far too "polite".
He also reveals he was once asked to star in a gruesome reality show but insists he's ruled out ever performing or mentoring on TV contests like Simon Cowell's U.K. series "The X Factor". Dickinson tells Britain's The Sun, "We would never do a TV show like X Factor and we would never play Glastonbury. I cannot stand X Factor."
"I've been offered all sorts of reality TV. One guy offered me a programme which involved me having my poo examined. I thought it was a wind-up (joke). I told him where to go in no uncertain terms. Glastonbury is a bit too cream cakes and afternoon tea for us. It's all yurts and people being far too polite."
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5