Video: Bono Having Tea and Conversation With Russian Leader
Bono took a break from U2's world tour duties on Tuesday, August 24 to take tea with Russian leader Dimitry Medvedev. The rocker was invited to join the President at his holiday estate near the Black Sea resort of Sochi.
During a conversation with reporters present, Medvedev complimented Bono on writing music that "unites generations" and he also had words of praise for his visitor's activism. He told the rock star, "You are doing important things, because taking care of people is not only a job for politicians. The charity work that you and your colleagues do has brought you respect all over the world."
Meanwhile, Bono told Medvedev "I come here to cross the great divide between me, a Led Zeppelin fan, and you, the Deep Purple fan."
The meeting took place a day before U2 play their first ever Russian concert.
Bono Having Conversation With Dimitry Medvedev:
More Bono News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!