Video: Bono Having Tea and Conversation With Russian Leader
Bono took a break from U2's world tour duties on Tuesday, August 24 to take tea with Russian leader Dimitry Medvedev. The rocker was invited to join the President at his holiday estate near the Black Sea resort of Sochi.
During a conversation with reporters present, Medvedev complimented Bono on writing music that "unites generations" and he also had words of praise for his visitor's activism. He told the rock star, "You are doing important things, because taking care of people is not only a job for politicians. The charity work that you and your colleagues do has brought you respect all over the world."
Meanwhile, Bono told Medvedev "I come here to cross the great divide between me, a Led Zeppelin fan, and you, the Deep Purple fan."
The meeting took place a day before U2 play their first ever Russian concert.
Bono Having Conversation With Dimitry Medvedev:
More Bono News
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'