Video: Bono Having Tea and Conversation With Russian Leader
Bono took a break from U2's world tour duties on Tuesday, August 24 to take tea with Russian leader Dimitry Medvedev. The rocker was invited to join the President at his holiday estate near the Black Sea resort of Sochi.
During a conversation with reporters present, Medvedev complimented Bono on writing music that "unites generations" and he also had words of praise for his visitor's activism. He told the rock star, "You are doing important things, because taking care of people is not only a job for politicians. The charity work that you and your colleagues do has brought you respect all over the world."
Meanwhile, Bono told Medvedev "I come here to cross the great divide between me, a Led Zeppelin fan, and you, the Deep Purple fan."
The meeting took place a day before U2 play their first ever Russian concert.
Bono Having Conversation With Dimitry Medvedev:
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent