Video: Bono Having Tea and Conversation With Russian Leader
Bono took a break from U2's world tour duties on Tuesday, August 24 to take tea with Russian leader Dimitry Medvedev. The rocker was invited to join the President at his holiday estate near the Black Sea resort of Sochi.
During a conversation with reporters present, Medvedev complimented Bono on writing music that "unites generations" and he also had words of praise for his visitor's activism. He told the rock star, "You are doing important things, because taking care of people is not only a job for politicians. The charity work that you and your colleagues do has brought you respect all over the world."
Meanwhile, Bono told Medvedev "I come here to cross the great divide between me, a Led Zeppelin fan, and you, the Deep Purple fan."
The meeting took place a day before U2 play their first ever Russian concert.
Bono Having Conversation With Dimitry Medvedev:
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance