Video: Bono Having Tea and Conversation With Russian Leader
Bono took a break from U2's world tour duties on Tuesday, August 24 to take tea with Russian leader Dimitry Medvedev. The rocker was invited to join the President at his holiday estate near the Black Sea resort of Sochi.
During a conversation with reporters present, Medvedev complimented Bono on writing music that "unites generations" and he also had words of praise for his visitor's activism. He told the rock star, "You are doing important things, because taking care of people is not only a job for politicians. The charity work that you and your colleagues do has brought you respect all over the world."
Meanwhile, Bono told Medvedev "I come here to cross the great divide between me, a Led Zeppelin fan, and you, the Deep Purple fan."
The meeting took place a day before U2 play their first ever Russian concert.
Bono Having Conversation With Dimitry Medvedev:
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic