Cancer Survivor Sheryl Crow Opens Breast Cancer Center
Breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow is opening a state-of-the art center in Los Angeles to aid early detection of the deadly disease. Tuesday, August 24 marked the grand opening of the Sheryl Crow Imaging Center, which features the latest advancements in digital screening and diagnostic imaging technologies for the detection of breast cancer.
The facility is part of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, America's first facility dedicated exclusively to the prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
The Grammy-winner was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 after a routine mammogram. She underwent surgery with Dr. Kristi Funk, founder of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, and has been cancer-free since completing radiation therapy.
Crow said in a statement, "Joining forces with the Pink Lotus Breast Center has provided me with a wonderful platform to create awareness and encourage the millions of American women over 40 to get their annual mammogram." She further stated, "Detecting breast cancer early is a woman's best chance at survival, and digital full-field mammography is the gold standard of early detection."
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident