Cancer Survivor Sheryl Crow Opens Breast Cancer Center
Breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow is opening a state-of-the art center in Los Angeles to aid early detection of the deadly disease. Tuesday, August 24 marked the grand opening of the Sheryl Crow Imaging Center, which features the latest advancements in digital screening and diagnostic imaging technologies for the detection of breast cancer.
The facility is part of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, America's first facility dedicated exclusively to the prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
The Grammy-winner was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 after a routine mammogram. She underwent surgery with Dr. Kristi Funk, founder of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, and has been cancer-free since completing radiation therapy.
Crow said in a statement, "Joining forces with the Pink Lotus Breast Center has provided me with a wonderful platform to create awareness and encourage the millions of American women over 40 to get their annual mammogram." She further stated, "Detecting breast cancer early is a woman's best chance at survival, and digital full-field mammography is the gold standard of early detection."
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week