Cancer Survivor Sheryl Crow Opens Breast Cancer Center
Breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow is opening a state-of-the art center in Los Angeles to aid early detection of the deadly disease. Tuesday, August 24 marked the grand opening of the Sheryl Crow Imaging Center, which features the latest advancements in digital screening and diagnostic imaging technologies for the detection of breast cancer.
The facility is part of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, America's first facility dedicated exclusively to the prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
The Grammy-winner was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 after a routine mammogram. She underwent surgery with Dr. Kristi Funk, founder of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, and has been cancer-free since completing radiation therapy.
Crow said in a statement, "Joining forces with the Pink Lotus Breast Center has provided me with a wonderful platform to create awareness and encourage the millions of American women over 40 to get their annual mammogram." She further stated, "Detecting breast cancer early is a woman's best chance at survival, and digital full-field mammography is the gold standard of early detection."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding