Cancer Survivor Sheryl Crow Opens Breast Cancer Center
Breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow is opening a state-of-the art center in Los Angeles to aid early detection of the deadly disease. Tuesday, August 24 marked the grand opening of the Sheryl Crow Imaging Center, which features the latest advancements in digital screening and diagnostic imaging technologies for the detection of breast cancer.
The facility is part of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, America's first facility dedicated exclusively to the prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
The Grammy-winner was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 after a routine mammogram. She underwent surgery with Dr. Kristi Funk, founder of the Pink Lotus Breast Center, and has been cancer-free since completing radiation therapy.
Crow said in a statement, "Joining forces with the Pink Lotus Breast Center has provided me with a wonderful platform to create awareness and encourage the millions of American women over 40 to get their annual mammogram." She further stated, "Detecting breast cancer early is a woman's best chance at survival, and digital full-field mammography is the gold standard of early detection."
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation