Daughter Is Born for Brit Prime Minister David Cameron
British Prime Minister David Cameron is celebrating after becoming a father for the fourth time on Tuesday, August 24. The Conservative Party leader, who swept to power following the U.K.'s general election in May, and his wife Samantha welcomed a baby daughter during a family vacation in Cornwall, south west England.
The couple traveled to the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro at around 8 A.M. local time on Tuesday, and the baby - who remained unnamed as WENN went to press - was delivered by Caesarean section at around midday.
Mr Cameron told Sky News, "She is an unbelievably beautiful girl. It's very exciting. They seem to be doing fine. I have got the books (of baby names) out and Samantha's having a look through them. She will decide!"
A statement from Downing Street reads: "The Prime Minister and Mrs Cameron are delighted to announce the birth of their fourth child, a baby girl. Both the baby, who was born weighing 6lb 1oz, and Mrs Cameron are doing very well. The Prime Minister and Mrs Cameron would like to thank the doctors and nurses at the hospital for their help and kindness."
Mr Cameron will take two weeks paternity leave before returning to work.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo