Daughter Is Born for Brit Prime Minister David Cameron
British Prime Minister David Cameron is celebrating after becoming a father for the fourth time on Tuesday, August 24. The Conservative Party leader, who swept to power following the U.K.'s general election in May, and his wife Samantha welcomed a baby daughter during a family vacation in Cornwall, south west England.
The couple traveled to the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro at around 8 A.M. local time on Tuesday, and the baby - who remained unnamed as WENN went to press - was delivered by Caesarean section at around midday.
Mr Cameron told Sky News, "She is an unbelievably beautiful girl. It's very exciting. They seem to be doing fine. I have got the books (of baby names) out and Samantha's having a look through them. She will decide!"
A statement from Downing Street reads: "The Prime Minister and Mrs Cameron are delighted to announce the birth of their fourth child, a baby girl. Both the baby, who was born weighing 6lb 1oz, and Mrs Cameron are doing very well. The Prime Minister and Mrs Cameron would like to thank the doctors and nurses at the hospital for their help and kindness."
Mr Cameron will take two weeks paternity leave before returning to work.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones