Paul Weller Thinks Royal Honor From the Queen Is 'Silly'
Paul Weller once turned down a notable award from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, branding the honor from the royal "silly". The former The Jam frontman has revealed he was to be saluted by Her Majesty for his illustrious music career but he declined the offer.
And Weller admits he has no regrets over his decision - because he has no interest in the Queen's honors. He says, "I have turned it down, yeah. About two or three years ago they offered me some silly title but I managed to turn that one down. I don't understand all that."
Contrary to the royal honor which he claimed "silly," Paul Weller considers Mercury Music Prize nomination which he receives for his 10th solo album "Wake Up the Nation" is "very pleasantly surprised." He said, "It's just nice for the album to get some more recognition really. I wouldn't have thought [I'll win it] really because it normally goes to some unknown person doesn't it?"
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'