Paul Weller Thinks Royal Honor From the Queen Is 'Silly'
Paul Weller once turned down a notable award from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, branding the honor from the royal "silly". The former The Jam frontman has revealed he was to be saluted by Her Majesty for his illustrious music career but he declined the offer.
And Weller admits he has no regrets over his decision - because he has no interest in the Queen's honors. He says, "I have turned it down, yeah. About two or three years ago they offered me some silly title but I managed to turn that one down. I don't understand all that."
Contrary to the royal honor which he claimed "silly," Paul Weller considers Mercury Music Prize nomination which he receives for his 10th solo album "Wake Up the Nation" is "very pleasantly surprised." He said, "It's just nice for the album to get some more recognition really. I wouldn't have thought [I'll win it] really because it normally goes to some unknown person doesn't it?"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'