Paul Weller Thinks Royal Honor From the Queen Is 'Silly'
Paul Weller once turned down a notable award from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, branding the honor from the royal "silly". The former The Jam frontman has revealed he was to be saluted by Her Majesty for his illustrious music career but he declined the offer.
And Weller admits he has no regrets over his decision - because he has no interest in the Queen's honors. He says, "I have turned it down, yeah. About two or three years ago they offered me some silly title but I managed to turn that one down. I don't understand all that."
Contrary to the royal honor which he claimed "silly," Paul Weller considers Mercury Music Prize nomination which he receives for his 10th solo album "Wake Up the Nation" is "very pleasantly surprised." He said, "It's just nice for the album to get some more recognition really. I wouldn't have thought [I'll win it] really because it normally goes to some unknown person doesn't it?"
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!