George Michael Banned From Driving After Pleading Guilty to DUI Charge
Singer George Michael was banned from the roads on Tuesday, August 24 after he admitted DUI and drug possession. The former Wham! star was arrested last month after crashing his Range Rover into a photographic store near his home in Hampstead, north London.
A passing police patrol found the "Careless Whisper" hitmaker slumped at the wheel, sweating and breathing heavily, with the vehicle's engine still running. He appeared unaware he had crashed and even tried to put the car in gear when cops arrived.
He was taken to a nearby police station, where officers found cannabis joints in his pocket. He was charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs. There was no evidence he had been drinking alcohol.
Michael attended a hearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court in north London on Tuesday, where he pleaded guilty to both charges. He was given a six-month interim driving ban and is due back in court for sentencing next month.
More George Michael News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars