George Michael Banned From Driving After Pleading Guilty to DUI Charge
Singer George Michael was banned from the roads on Tuesday, August 24 after he admitted DUI and drug possession. The former Wham! star was arrested last month after crashing his Range Rover into a photographic store near his home in Hampstead, north London.
A passing police patrol found the "Careless Whisper" hitmaker slumped at the wheel, sweating and breathing heavily, with the vehicle's engine still running. He appeared unaware he had crashed and even tried to put the car in gear when cops arrived.
He was taken to a nearby police station, where officers found cannabis joints in his pocket. He was charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs. There was no evidence he had been drinking alcohol.
Michael attended a hearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court in north London on Tuesday, where he pleaded guilty to both charges. He was given a six-month interim driving ban and is due back in court for sentencing next month.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says