George Michael Banned From Driving After Pleading Guilty to DUI Charge
Singer George Michael was banned from the roads on Tuesday, August 24 after he admitted DUI and drug possession. The former Wham! star was arrested last month after crashing his Range Rover into a photographic store near his home in Hampstead, north London.
A passing police patrol found the "Careless Whisper" hitmaker slumped at the wheel, sweating and breathing heavily, with the vehicle's engine still running. He appeared unaware he had crashed and even tried to put the car in gear when cops arrived.
He was taken to a nearby police station, where officers found cannabis joints in his pocket. He was charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs. There was no evidence he had been drinking alcohol.
Michael attended a hearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court in north London on Tuesday, where he pleaded guilty to both charges. He was given a six-month interim driving ban and is due back in court for sentencing next month.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order