George Michael Banned From Driving After Pleading Guilty to DUI Charge
Singer George Michael was banned from the roads on Tuesday, August 24 after he admitted DUI and drug possession. The former Wham! star was arrested last month after crashing his Range Rover into a photographic store near his home in Hampstead, north London.
A passing police patrol found the "Careless Whisper" hitmaker slumped at the wheel, sweating and breathing heavily, with the vehicle's engine still running. He appeared unaware he had crashed and even tried to put the car in gear when cops arrived.
He was taken to a nearby police station, where officers found cannabis joints in his pocket. He was charged with possessing cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs. There was no evidence he had been drinking alcohol.
Michael attended a hearing at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court in north London on Tuesday, where he pleaded guilty to both charges. He was given a six-month interim driving ban and is due back in court for sentencing next month.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special