'Underworld' Star Karl Hyde to Hold Solo Art Show in Japan
"Underworld" star Karl Hyde is to debut 70 new artworks as part of the What's Going on in Your Head as You're Dancing exhibition at the Laforet Museum in Harajuku, Japan. It will be the "Born Slippy" hitmaker's first solo art show, and his first since he presented pieces in New York with "Underworld" partner Rick Smith and artist John Warwicker in 2008.
Hyde tells Spinner, "It started off by making series of marks while I was doing interviews, marks that were inspired by walking through the streets of cities."
"That started to develop into seeing the same shapes I see in my head while I'm onstage with 'Underworld'. I see physical 3-D shapes in my head while I'm onstage of the potential moves I might make when I'm thinking about moving across stage or interpreting the sound."
More Underworld News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story