'Underworld' Star Karl Hyde to Hold Solo Art Show in Japan
"Underworld" star Karl Hyde is to debut 70 new artworks as part of the What's Going on in Your Head as You're Dancing exhibition at the Laforet Museum in Harajuku, Japan. It will be the "Born Slippy" hitmaker's first solo art show, and his first since he presented pieces in New York with "Underworld" partner Rick Smith and artist John Warwicker in 2008.
Hyde tells Spinner, "It started off by making series of marks while I was doing interviews, marks that were inspired by walking through the streets of cities."
"That started to develop into seeing the same shapes I see in my head while I'm onstage with 'Underworld'. I see physical 3-D shapes in my head while I'm onstage of the potential moves I might make when I'm thinking about moving across stage or interpreting the sound."
More Underworld News
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington