The Swell Season to Split After Fan's Suicide
Oscar winners and former lovers Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are to split as The Swell Season to embark on other endeavors. The news comes just days after a fan committed suicide onstage at a Swell Season show in Saratoga, California - but the tragedy has nothing to do with the parting.
Hansard has announced plans to rejoin his former band The Frames, while Irglova intends to record a solo album. Irishman Hansard tells Spinner.com, "I'll go back to the Frames, and Mar will make her own record at some point. This band (Swell Season) will eventually naturally end. But right now, all of us are just so grateful."
"Getting together and making music with Mar was a side thing for me, but it felt absolutely right. I followed through on it even when it felt like I might've been abandoning my band a bit. But I had to follow through. I knew there was something in this that I had to follow through on."
And he has every faith that his Swell Season partner, once co-star and former lover will make every success of a solo career: "I love the way she writes. I think she's an incredible songwriter and I think she could make a really beautiful, beautiful record... I'm very, very proud of her."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars