Preliminary Hearing for Michael Jackson's Physician Set for January 2011
Michael Jackson's family will have to wait until next year to find out whether the pop star's physician will face a trial and possible jail time for administering the anesthetic that killed the King of Pop - the preliminary hearing has been set for January 4, 2011.
Dr. Conrad Murray attended Monday's, August 23 brief session at Los Angeles Superior Court, where Judge Michael Pastor scheduled the hearing for the New Year. At that hearing, Judge Pastor will rule whether or not to send Murray's case to trial.
The 57-year-old medic has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter. Jackson's mother Katherine and his father Joseph joined various family members in court for the judge's decision.
Murray's attorneys have stated that the doctor did not give Jackson anything that should have killed him.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie