Preliminary Hearing for Michael Jackson's Physician Set for January 2011
Michael Jackson's family will have to wait until next year to find out whether the pop star's physician will face a trial and possible jail time for administering the anesthetic that killed the King of Pop - the preliminary hearing has been set for January 4, 2011.
Dr. Conrad Murray attended Monday's, August 23 brief session at Los Angeles Superior Court, where Judge Michael Pastor scheduled the hearing for the New Year. At that hearing, Judge Pastor will rule whether or not to send Murray's case to trial.
The 57-year-old medic has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter. Jackson's mother Katherine and his father Joseph joined various family members in court for the judge's decision.
Murray's attorneys have stated that the doctor did not give Jackson anything that should have killed him.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed