Preliminary Hearing for Michael Jackson's Physician Set for January 2011
Michael Jackson's family will have to wait until next year to find out whether the pop star's physician will face a trial and possible jail time for administering the anesthetic that killed the King of Pop - the preliminary hearing has been set for January 4, 2011.
Dr. Conrad Murray attended Monday's, August 23 brief session at Los Angeles Superior Court, where Judge Michael Pastor scheduled the hearing for the New Year. At that hearing, Judge Pastor will rule whether or not to send Murray's case to trial.
The 57-year-old medic has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter. Jackson's mother Katherine and his father Joseph joined various family members in court for the judge's decision.
Murray's attorneys have stated that the doctor did not give Jackson anything that should have killed him.
More Michael Jackson News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama