Jackie Chan Slammed for Endorsing Troubled Shampoo
Martial arts star Jackie Chan has come under fire for endorsing a shampoo which allegedly contained carcinogens. The "Rush Hour" star has used his movie fame to pitch all manner of products in China, but the latest has landed him in hot water. Critics claim Chan backs too many brands - and he should be more discerning.
And one leading opponent, columnist Qiao Zhifeng, went further, calling Chan's shampoo mess "an abuse of endorsements." But government officials deemed the shampoo, called BaWang, safe.
Chan recently broke his silence about the controversy at charity auction in Shanghai on August 8. He said, "Incidents like this, where shampoos are reported to have problems, are not new. Someone is trying to harm me and BaWang." He added, "I have always been very careful with what products I endorse."
Marketing experts insist Chan will bounce back from the alleged shampoo sham, despite the fact it's the latest product endorsed by the actor which has proven to be far from successful. Top analyst Tiger Hou tells the Los Angeles Times newspaper he believes Chan will survive the controversy because the Chinese people love and trust him.
Hou says, "Jackie Chan is one of China's most credible celebrities for a reason. In all his movies, he's always insisted on doing his own stunts. I'm confident he will recover from this controversy. The whole thing will blow over."
More Jackie Chan News
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship