Jackie Chan Slammed for Endorsing Troubled Shampoo
Martial arts star Jackie Chan has come under fire for endorsing a shampoo which allegedly contained carcinogens. The "Rush Hour" star has used his movie fame to pitch all manner of products in China, but the latest has landed him in hot water. Critics claim Chan backs too many brands - and he should be more discerning.
And one leading opponent, columnist Qiao Zhifeng, went further, calling Chan's shampoo mess "an abuse of endorsements." But government officials deemed the shampoo, called BaWang, safe.
Chan recently broke his silence about the controversy at charity auction in Shanghai on August 8. He said, "Incidents like this, where shampoos are reported to have problems, are not new. Someone is trying to harm me and BaWang." He added, "I have always been very careful with what products I endorse."
Marketing experts insist Chan will bounce back from the alleged shampoo sham, despite the fact it's the latest product endorsed by the actor which has proven to be far from successful. Top analyst Tiger Hou tells the Los Angeles Times newspaper he believes Chan will survive the controversy because the Chinese people love and trust him.
Hou says, "Jackie Chan is one of China's most credible celebrities for a reason. In all his movies, he's always insisted on doing his own stunts. I'm confident he will recover from this controversy. The whole thing will blow over."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri