Attacker Claims Leonardo DiCaprio Starts Altercation
The woman accused of slashing Leonardo DiCaprio's face with a glass during a 2005 Hollywood party insists the actor started the altercation by threatening her. Aretha Wilson allegedly hit the "Titanic" star during a house party thrown by Paris Hilton's ex-boyfriend, film producer Rick Salomon. DiCaprio was allegedly hospitalized after the attack, which left him needing 17 stitches to close up a large cut across his face.
Wilson, 40, who was previously ordered to stay at least 500 yards (457 meters) away from DiCaprio, is being held on $150,000 bail and was arraigned in a Los Angeles court in early August. Speaking in court on Monday, August 23, Wilson's lawyer claimed the case is a cover-up and demanded a judge hand over a toxicology report from the night of the attack, and DiCaprio's medical records, reports TMZ.
Her legal representative claimed DiCaprio started the altercation by reacting to offensive comments Wilson made about him and his friends. But DiCaprio's lawyer, Blair Berk, has slammed the allegations, stating "These are outrageous lies and a classic case of trying to re-victimize a victim in a violent assault."
"That this woman became a fugitive from justice for five years to avoid responsibility and that Mr. DiCaprio has fully co-operated with the prosecution from day one should say everything. This woman has a long criminal history of violent criminal attacks on others and should be given no attention whatsoever. Mr. DiCaprio simply wants justice."
Wilson faces up to four years in prison if convicted.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3